Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power steering in a 240sx.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabre002
Use the LS1 pump and cut the 2 coils off the spring in the pump we have done it with the RX7's works great. pull the fitting out of the presure side of the pump and you will find a piston check ball and a spring thats the one you need to take 2 coils off. What pressure does the 240 rack run at?
nice tip, I think this is my problem, my 2004 gto pump is blowing the o-rings in my 240sx steering rack. So cutting the spring a bit lowers the outlet pressure from the powersteering pump?
Old 10-18-2020, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering issues

okay guys so I have a 91 s13 5.3 swaped and I finished it not long ago and when I first took it out It drove great power steering was butter 2 drift events later I spun on a switchback and my wheels blasted full lock and bounced back and the power steering was gone and lost all fluid filled it back up after cleaning the next week to try to figure out what I broke well it wouldn't leak worked fine next day leaked out but looked like it was leaking from the return line which I made out of hose from advance was high pressure hydrolic hose so figured it would work fine because the return line shouldn't have much pressure correct? but the clamp was tight made it with a push lock an fitting to the rack so should I just take the l and go get a line made at a shop or could there be another solution

Quick Reply: power steering in a 240sx.