Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions about gauges, LT1 to LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about gauges, LT1 to LS1

My friend swapped an LS1 into jis 97' formula. He has a few questions about the gauges below......
The gauges were hooked up to the LS1 from a stand alone harness. The tach and gas gauge (although I was told and it looks like that the gas gauge needs calibrated) seem to work fine.
My question is about the water temperature, oil pressure, and volt gauges. These gauges don't "return to 0" when the car is shut off like the tach and gas gauge. They will go to "0" when the car is started then move up to where I am guessing that it should be. When the car is running, the volt gauge seems to be working fine.
I have seen the oil pressure gauge is different positions, but the gauge does not increase when I get on the gas.
The water temperature gauge goes up to around 160 degrees and stays there. I have a 160 degree thermostat (and have the computer programmed for it), but I thought that it would go higher when the weather was 90 degrees. I had a 160 degree thermostat (and computer programmed for it) on the LT1 and the gauge would go hotter if was weather was 90 degrees. Does this situation with the water temperature, oil pressure, and volt gauges sound right?

Quick Reply: questions about gauges, LT1 to LS1