Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new edelbrock A body LS conversion package coming out in 08

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are currently working on getting the 64 - 67 headers to market right now, I would look for them sometime after the first of the year. I'm currently working on the second generation F-body, 1st gen will come right after that. We would consider doing a Third Generation if the response is great enough, I know the 3rd Gen car require quite a bit more cutting to get the engine in cleanly.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

When will the headers be available? Is the collector a standard ball type flange that will be avilable seperately?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
mjc
Teching In

Do the other accesorys fit(alt/ps) or do you need to go with a complete aftermarket acc. drive system
Old 11-27-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

curious to see the ground clearance with the x pipe there. I ran my xpipe like that and it was brutal for clearance. ended up getting rid of the x pipe.

Looks sexy though.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Another question since the engine mounts the motor close to the original location would a Vic Jr Intake line up with the factory cowl hood?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Wow, thanks for reminding me........I gotta install the front clip on my '66 and the new Goodmark cowl hood, and put the intake and carb on before I bolt the motor mounts on and build the headers. Damn glad someone is thinking !!! Thanks.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Q: When will the headers be available? Is the collector a standard ball type flange that will be avilable seperately?

A: The headers for the 68 - 72 should be in production right after the first of the year. We are currently working on the 2008 catalog, the plan is to offer the style of collector, gasket, and flange along with the connector pipe and flange that is used on the LS conversion header. It will be offered for 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" primary tube diameters.

Q: Curious to see the ground clearance with the x pipe there. I ran my xpipe like that and it was brutal for clearance. ended up getting rid of the x pipe.

A: We tucked the pipes up tight to the floor and driveshaft as possible. The headpipes have a downstep to get as much ground clearance as possible. My 68 Chevelle has the header back system and is lowered with the Eibach springs that Edelbrock sells, I have not rubbed the collector or x-pipe even once and that was after taking the car on a 1200 mile road trip (speedbumps included).

Q: Do the other accesorys fit(alt/ps) or do you need to go with a complete aftermarket acc. drive system

A: There are quite a few options out there currently, many different customer require different configuration of accessory drives. We did not get deep into who's accessories would work, and the OEM drive set ups there are quite a few configurations. Short answer is we left that more to the customer at this time.

Q: Another question since the engine mounts the motor close to the original location would a Vic Jr Intake line up with the factory cowl hood?

A: Can't say if it will, the location of the carburetor pad compared to the traditional Chevy and the LS series will be the defining factor. I can try to ask the engineers to find out.

Last edited by EdelExh; 11-28-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EdelExh
Q: Another question since the engine mounts the motor close to the original location would a Vic Jr Intake line up with the factory cowl hood?

A: Can't say if it will, the location of the carburetor pad compared to the traditional Chevy and the LS series will be the defining factor. I can try to ask the engineers to find out.
It would be very if it did as I would like to keep 70-72 Cowl and vacuum operated door functional. Thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

93Polo.. if your trying to keep the Cowl Induction hood functional.. I have already worked that out.., check out the thread I had started a few months ago..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/643850-chevelle-cowl-induction.html

work like stock.. except that the stock cam'd LS1 generates too much vacuum.. so.. it has to come under more load for the vacuum to drop a bit for the flapper to open.. but it does.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bczee
93Polo.. if your trying to keep the Cowl Induction hood functional.. I have already worked that out.., check out the thread I had started a few months ago..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643850

work like stock.. except that the stock cam'd LS1 generates too much vacuum.. so.. it has to come under more load for the vacuum to drop a bit for the flapper to open.. but it does.
I really like that setup. Looks like you have alot of time in that.

I don't think mine would be stock cammed for long.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643850

that's pretty slick...great job
Old 12-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Any chance these Edlebrock Headers will work with a G-Body? Any plans for G-Body Kit? I just heard that the Hooker A-body LS1 Swap Headers will work on a G-Body if the collectors are angled down slightly to clear the floor pan.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Teching In

We are currently working on getting the 64 - 67 headers to market right now, I would look for them sometime after the first of the year. I'm currently working on the second generation F-body, 1st gen will come right after that. We would consider doing a Third Generation if the response is great enough, I know the 3rd Gen car require quite a bit more cutting to get the engine in cleanly.
When do you expect to see the 2nd gen F-body stuff to be available.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Jerry, we have not talk about a G-body headers, but it would be another to consider if there is enough demand.

ja: It is hard to say we had an issue with getting a straight car for the fitment, we have one now. I would figure sometime in the first quarter of 2008, but that is guess at this time.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Default Hey EdelExh........

Originally Posted by 6L.IROC-Z
What about third gen guys
Well? The world is waiting.......
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

For those that asked if a SS Cowl Hood could work with the Edelbrock retro fit header, mounts, and one of the Edelbrock intake carb manifolds. Well the only answer I can give is that the carb is placed in between the center cylinder bores for both the old school Chevy engines and the LS series, so it will work in relation to front to rear and left to right. The height your going to have to work out for yourself, to many variables to give one answer here.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

For those that asked if a SS Cowl Hood could work with the Edelbrock retro fit header, mounts, and one of the Edelbrock intake carb manifolds. Well the only answer I can give is that the carb is placed in between the center cylinder bores for both the old school Chevy engines and the LS series, so it will work in relation to front to rear and left to right. The height your going to have to work out for yourself, to many variables to give one answer here.
Height IMO is easier to adjust that getting it centered. Thanks for the update.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are th bungs for the o2 sensors already in the piping ?
Old 12-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

We are suppling O2 bungs in the kit for those that require them, but they are not welded the the header out of the box
Old 12-17-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 918 Posts

What is the diameter of the collector? 2.5"? 3"?

Andrew

Quick Reply: new edelbrock A body LS conversion package coming out in 08