Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2JZ lexus ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LittleRedZ
i know what people have made and put down when it comes down to it, 2jz isnt cheap to modify, a decent turbo kit will cost $$$, Going NA-T route if you do it right with headgasket, seals, new timing belt....Daves kit it will cost you 4-5k when all said and done.
How much do you need to modify a motor that can hold so much from the factory? You can get a kit with not only the thicker headgasket but every single gasket for the car for $245. Kits are getting cheaper and cheaper and the ability to piece together a kit for even less is huge. I'm coming in just shy of $1000 on my turbo setup - by the time I spend enough money to have bought a stock LS1/T56 and get it into the car, I'd be somewhere in the 500-550 range and still be filling up at the QuikTrip down the street from my house. If you shop around you can find some amazing deals - like the $1400 turbo that I have barely more than $500 in even after a complete freshening up by Precision.

then youre still left with a weak tranny than can questinobaly hold 400rwhp.
No argument there. However you can grab an R154 from a MKIII Supra, and get a 1JZ bellhousing/clutch setup, have someone who can use a welder extend the shifter housing to meet up with the hole in the car, and profit.

Let me know what that 701rwhp car ran at the track, as a matter of fact any NA-T 400-500rwhp car, 12s? high 11s maybe which is doable with bolt ons on a stock ls1.
Unfortunately a lot of people in the Lexus community don't take their cars to the track. Judging by similar power in a Supra though, a friend's car went 12.07 with 385 whp in a full weight 6-speed car.

So you telling me that if i have a very clean manual ls1 swapped sc300 i wont be able to sell it for the same amount of money as a same car with just a 2jzswap
And I said that where?

not to mention supra 6speed transmissions are outragous in price, hard to find and not a direct swap into SC, after you do all that work and spent all that money(damn near almost the same amount for Supra trans then the whole ls1/t56 combo) the SC is still worth about 10gs just like it would with the ls1 swap that is done right.
I have seen SCs with 50k sunk into them and people are having trouble selling them for more then 15k.
I don't recall saying anything about how you shouldn't do an LS1 swap into an SC. I believe the point I was making was to please not do it into one of the few 5-speed cars available. I don't know what the rare f-body cars are but I'd imagine it'd be similar to taking a SOM SS and putting a 2JZ in it.

If you'd care to do the swap into a non 5-speed SC car, I'd love to see it done and would be excited to see it run.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wife drives a 02 is300, and i love that car.....but, i would probally never get rid of it if it had a ls1 in it. but my wife would kick my *** if i tore it alll apart...
Old 12-08-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

hmmm.....maybe i need to make it "MAGICLY" develop an oil leak and lock the motor up......
Old 12-08-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

hay guys,
i just got my hand on a all white 02 SS, white leather, white car, white roof, im mid process of putting a 1jz in it, its giong to be stock with downpipe and make 300rwhp with a w55 transmission out of a 87 cressida wagon and rev to 8krpm.

later.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

on a more serious note, as stated, if you want a LSx in a SC, then get a 400, the 300's are worth a little more, get a sc400, sell the 1uz (they are actually worth money, and they are a pretty cool v8, just no aftermarket here in the US, however in australia they are huuuuuuuuuge) and tranny, and throw a ls1 in there. theres plenty of room for any rear sump pan, and you can put the motor as far back as you want. i've wanted to do this swap for a dailydriver for a while, however my wiring skills aren't up to par to take care of this on a streetable car.

also make sure you are pretty knowledgable with wiring, all the lexus stuff has way too many flux capacitors and doo dads, there are like 4 computers under the dashboard on just the passenger side.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Probably not the best way to make my first post, but still an introduction either way and seeing as how this thread directly relates to my build, it works.

Still have a ways to go, and may start a build thread here, but for now:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...ld-thread.html
Old 12-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Teching In

As Far as I know my buddy sean (millertimesc600 on here) has the first and only running driving Swapped SC300. Has a LQ9 with a 4L80 trans. I have some pictures and videos to prove it but I will let him chime in and show those if he wants to
Old 12-24-2010, 06:31 PM
9 Second Club

yep i got to drive this car too after doing the exhaust on it. so much room in these cars! props to sean for unique swap
Old 12-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Teching In

hey im sean miller

I did the first swap as far as my circle know that is a running (drove it 25 miles) driving SC with an LQ4 , 4L80e in it.

not totally done,

Suspension, rear end, fine tuning, Cage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djFyL...yer_detailpage

Last edited by millertimesc600; 12-24-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 2JZ lexus ls1 swap