Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is needed for LS1 into a LT1 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is needed for LS1 into a LT1 camaro?

Kinda going off the thread started by Pro52R. I've had a '95 Z28 6spd for over a year and am ready for a lot of upgrades. I figured, Why not an LS1 instead of putting a lot of parts in my LT1? I realize it will probably be easier to just buy an LS1 equipped F-body but I already have a lot of money in the suspension and the 9" rear for my car.

So I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a rough draft list of parts that I will need for the conversion. I already have a Wiring Harness and computer from a T-56 LS1 Camaro. Now reading in the other thread looks like I will also need to modify that. I'm just not sure exactly what modification need to be done. I was also told that I need the clutch assembly from an LS1 car. Also something about motor mounts.

I would like to get some info from people who do a lot of work with these cars and figured this was a good site to get information from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Modifying the harness isn't bad and can be done cheap I'll send a link. Other then that you need the correct trans, All the ls1 accessories. LS1 steering rack and linkage. A ls1 f-body K-member or conversion motor mounts and use your current k-member. A 97-98 ls1 vette fuel rail if you want to keep your return style system or a vette filter/regulator. and other basic thing you would use on an ls1.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LT1 clutch pedal in some way doesnt have the same ammount of throw as the ls1 pedal, so if you are still using the lt1 pedal you need to make your LS1 master cylinder adjustable. and dont forget the drill mod
Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
Modifying the harness isn't bad and can be done cheap I'll send a link. Other then that you need the correct trans, All the ls1 accessories. LS1 steering rack and linkage. A ls1 f-body K-member or conversion motor mounts and use your current k-member. A 97-98 ls1 vette fuel rail if you want to keep your return style system or a vette filter/regulator. and other basic thing you would use on an ls1.
Hi,
I just found this post, but I cannot see the link to how to modify the LS1 harness? Do you still have that link, since I should be capable of doing this myself, but would like to learn if there are any tricks or problems to look out for.
Thanks
Old 10-06-2008, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
Modifying the harness isn't bad and can be done cheap I'll send a link.

I would like the link as well. Thank you.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not too bad of a swap if you buy a complete LS1 and tranny combo. Try to get as many of the parts off of the donor Fbody as you can. Here is a link to my swap if you're interested. Also, there are quite a few other threads about this if you're willing to search for them.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/995744-97-fbody-lt1-ls1-swap.html

Good luck with your decision.

Mike

Quick Reply: What is needed for LS1 into a LT1 camaro?