Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sonoma GT 0071

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really good man. I say lower the rear a little more to match the height of the front, but thats just personal preference.

Keep up the good work dude, truck looks sick
Old 03-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Looks really good man. I say lower the rear a little more to match the height of the front, but thats just personal preference.

Keep up the good work dude, truck looks sick
Yea I would if I could but it is sitting as low as possible right now. But I must say it actually looks better in person.

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:05 PM

beautiful
Old 03-24-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Could you share who's headers you are using? I need some for a tight fit with a 200-4R tranny. Thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe i missed this last year, sweet project keep up the good work.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

this is one bad bitch. i like.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Teching In

cool build
Old 10-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Launching!

I forgot I had a build thread on here. So I'm going to bring this thing back from the dead.

Catching this back up to speed....

This is what the truck looks like when it is together and running. I'm showing you guys these because it came back apart a few months ago when I received these boxes......

Mod list:
-Kenne Bell 2.6Liter twin screw blower
-85MM MAF
-95MM throttle body
-Larger Bosch 044 external fuel pump replacing my little external MSD pump
-Running larger braided steel fuel feed from the tank to the pump
-Mototron 60LB injectors
-Changing out the rear gears to 3.25's from 3.89's.
-Methanol injection kit
-Upgrading to a larger intercooler reservoir tank as well

Since I sort of forgot about this thread for awhile, most of this stuff is already done....So....Pics!

Started with the obvious intake manifold removal to make room for the blower.

The rear gear swap was also one of the first things to be done. Dropped it down to 3.25's since I will now have a flat table of torque available.

Random picture a couple weeks into the latest build...playing around with the heat exchanger location.

We came across a bit of a problem a little while back in this build. The kenne bell supercharger is set up to align with C5 corvette accessories which I have. But when we first engine swapped this truck I was still in high school and was trying to save money where I could on the build.

The ls1 that is in this truck is out of a trans am so naturally it had f-body accessories on it. So in order to save some money we kept the f-body A/C bracket/compressor and f-body harmonic balancer. While we did go with the corvette alternator and power steering pump set up, we spaced the the bracket out 3/4 of an inch from the motor to line up all the accessories.

Fast forward to a couple months ago....and that won't work with the supercharger. So we took the spacers out of the alternator/power steering pump bracket, drilled/pinned/installed a corvette balancer, and had to do something with the AC compressor that would now sit back an inch from where it was sitting. The problem was that we did not have an inch of room behind the A/C compressor. So the solution was to remount the A/C elsewhere.....

The next step was to install the new A/C bracket and the compressor.

Trying on the twin screw....

You can see by the measuring tape above we had to get a pretty long serp belt. It actually ended up being 120.3 inches.... almost exactly 10 feet long.

Throttle body shot!

You also may be wondering about the transmission dip-stick tube. Since this ls1 is out of an f-body, the dip stick goes right above the intake manifold. Since we weren't too keen on the idea of trying to get the original dip stick out and to put a different one back in, we just bent the factory tube. Worked out quite well actually..

Lately we have moved into the bed to work on things back there. Last weekend we installed a custom intercooler tank that I got from Donny over at dads custom intercooler tanks. I'm really pleased with it and he did a great job. This tank will hold substantially more coolant than the plastic overflow tank that kenne bell provided.....plus it looks a hell of a lot cooler (The big tank in the picture is the gas tank and the box on the right is for the battery).

This is roughly where the methanol tank will be going...should be working on it in the next couple of days.

Here are some of the latest progress shots.The truck still isn't done, but it is getting there.

We moved the power steering reservoir between the radiator and the blower to make room for the 4 inch intake air piping. Not a lot of room for anything on this truck. "A near miss is as good as a mile" has kind of been our motto when it comes to this truck.

That pretty much brings us to current time. Also forgot to mention that the fuel system is basically done now, I'll snap some pics of that soon. Next step will be installing the methanol tank followed by the intercooler and methanol pumps. More to come.

-Taylor

Last edited by So-GT0071; 10-15-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

she's gonna scream when you touch her! NICE
Old 10-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Holy ****......................................
Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Yeaa WOW Awesome Truck and Build! I want a Kenne Bell........
Old 02-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Launching!

I want your truck so bad. It's pretty much my dream build.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

What headers are you using?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:50 AM
TECH Addict

B...E...A...UTIFUL My god man that thing is just amazing. Hows everything coming along?

My bros truck had to get molested so he could pay off some bills, he sold the EFI kit and the 6 speed but he got it out last summer for the first time in 5 years. Hes got a 92 tbi motor with a professional products intake and demon carb and a T5 right now. Hes still using his belltech 5-6" drop kit with DJM front shocks and Summit C10 rear shocks. And I sold him my old 17x9 silver ZR1s. He has some big plans for the truck this winter again, but we'll see what happens

I only have one pic of his truck, here it is after bolting on the wheels and getting the truck out of the winter storage (its really dirty)

Hopefully you have been out driving yours and thats why you haven't posted up
Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sick build dude.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Where is this thing at now?! Did you finish it or what? we need vids/pics/timeslips!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm with stupid^^

Quick Reply: Sonoma GT 0071