Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What fuel pump to use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little late, I know. Fired it up for the first time a few weeks ago and everything is working great. Figured I should post something now that I know it works. But here is what I'm using

Walbro 255, Corvette filter / regulator, returnless rail, and a 20 gallon sump cell. I still need to put a filter between the tank and pump.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:34 AM
Staging Lane

what lines and fittings are those?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 AM
On The Tree

Lines are from a local place in Virginia beach, 250 psi. Honestly don't remember what size the AN fittings are.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How loud is that set up? I am looking to do an lsx swap into a cj7
Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Not loud at all, considering the rest of the Jeep. Granted you can't hear it run, but it's quiet while priming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8D0...er_profilepage
Old 05-30-2011, 03:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cool thanks for posting that up, I am thinking that it will probably be the easiest for me to run something like that rather than trying to modify an intake one to work with my factory tank that is baffleless.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with you on this one. I like having hard steel lines under the car - I feel like they're more durable. You can make them look good and professional. It might take a few tries and a little practice, but the tubing is cheap at any parts store. If you don't have a flaring tool, take the finished line to a hydraulic fitting store/shop and they will put on a tube nut & sleeve and flare your line for less than $5.

Also, the rubber lines will leak eventually. I have changed out leaking OEM rubber fuel injection lines that were 15 years old. I think 15 years is a pretty reasonable service life for an old rubber flexible fuel hose located in the engine bay. I've also seen rubber hoses that lasted longer.

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
rubber lines are not bad/un-reliable. IMO people think this because they are not professional looking which makes them think they do not work well. the walbro 255lph pump COMES with barbed male fittings- made for rubber hoses. if you want everything to look neat/professional then go with AN. ive been running rubber hose for the past 7 months and i have had no problems

there is nothing wrong with using rubber hoses, just make sure they are on there good lol

Quick Reply: What fuel pump to use?