Sponsored by:

Drive-by-Wire & TV Cable Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive-by-Wire & TV Cable Help needed

Hey Everyone.

My engine i have is a '04 5.3L. Its got the DBW Electric throttle and id love to retain it if at all possible for ease in wiring. (ill put in electronic pedals)

Can i set a TV Cable to run inside the car, so when i stop on the throttle, the TV Cable is pulled?

Next question. If i were to just pickup a mechanical throttle body. How would i get a TPS sensor working? Would i just cut some wires in the DBW plug and wire that to a TPS? Im assuming since its a DBW harness, the computer knows the TPS so it wouldnt be looking for a signal to figure it out.

If anyone could help that would be awesome!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. rigging up a tv cable like that would be a pain to do

2 swapping to a cable t/b would require you to re-pin/re-wire your harness for the tps sensor and iac motor and get a cable t/b pcm(411 or 896), or swap to a cable harness and pcm
Old 02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Keeping the electronic pedal and still connecting a TV cable is going to be really hard to do. I won't say impossible, because with enough time and money, almost anything is possible. Getting the cable geometry correct will be ALMOST impossible and if incorrect, the tranny will not live long. You could always install a manual valve body in the tranny and then there is no TV cable needed.
2. There would have to be some re-wiring of the harness and re-programming of the pcm.

Quick Reply: Drive-by-Wire & TV Cable Help needed