Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of the Amigo

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of the Amigo

Ok, so here it is. Let the jokes begin. I realize it is pink but it will be for my girl. The first pic is what it looked like when I first got it. Since my last post (Middle of last week.) I have put a set of M/T Classic aluminum rims on it and a set of 32x11.5-15 BFG mud tires. It is a 2-wd but she likes the look so..... I also had a buddy of mine come by and put in a new windshield and have ordered a shackle kit for it to raise it 2 inches. I got some other odds and ends that it needs such as new rotors and pads, etc. I took it and weighed it and believe it or not it weighed 3210-lbs. without my big *** in it. I have the LS1 just about ready. It will consist of a stock long block minus the camshaft which a Lunati 221/221 and an LS6 intake. I also have put some Comp.-918 springs as well as Comp. locks and retainers. I am trying to sort out a convertor for it now but since I am a TCI dealer I may try out one of the Streetfighter units and see how that works. It will also have the Nitro Daves plate off of my T/A on it as well as the FJO and I believe I will set it up for roughly a 150-175 shot. The only thing that I am a little concerned about is adapting the A/C for it. Any suggestions?

Jim C.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Amigo III.bmp (225.1 KB, 410 views)
Amigo I.bmp (225.1 KB, 201 views)
Amigo II.bmp (225.1 KB, 177 views)
Old 04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thatll Be Sweet
Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

No jokes here. Nice ride.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah no ****. thatll be awesome, no one has one.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

OMG awesome! I have a 94 amigo with over 200k on the clock. I want to do this. Keep us updated!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

That will be sweet
Old 04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And we were crazy for doing an HOMBRE! LOL
Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Geek
Ok, so here it is. Let the jokes begin. I realize it is pink but it will be for my girl.

"for my girl" - yeah, right, he probably uses that line when taking two samples when they're giving food demos at the store...!

Ahh, I'm just messin' with ya man, you've got 'los huevos grande' for taking on a project like that!!

And to top it all off, you'll EASILY be able to say that you've got the quickest vehicle at the pride parade...
Old 04-08-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're going to own the first Amigo to do a complete backflip...

Please post pics and video of this thing when it's done.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1crazy01
OMG awesome! I have a 94 amigo with over 200k on the clock. I want to do this. Keep us updated!
Any rust on it? Wanna sell it by chance?

Originally Posted by V8Rumble

"for my girl" - yeah, right, he probably uses that line when taking two samples when they're giving food demos at the store...!

Ahh, I'm just messin' with ya man, you've got 'los huevos grande' for taking on a project like that!!

And to top it all off, you'll EASILY be able to say that you've got the quickest vehicle at the pride parade...
That some funny ****. All except the food part. I'll have you know I resemble that remark.

Originally Posted by prochargedchevyi
You're going to own the first Amigo to do a complete backflip...

Please post pics and video of this thing when it's done.
Will do and I am thinking that since we all know it won't hook on mud grips that a set of the Mickey Thompson 30-in tall drag radials would work well with it for the track.

I am also having a little bit of a delima. I just happen to have a 5.3 with only 60-k on it, a set of 6.0 truck heads and a cam motion turbo cam that is 218/214@.050. I also have a Richard Lee 40mm wastegate and some other goodies laying around. However, the Keep It Simple Stupid principle keeps coming out in me and saying - "Hey genius stop making things complicated and just put the LS1 and a bottle on it". What are ya'll's thoughts?

Jim C.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Yah there is a little rust on some spots, like the bumpers and one of the rocker panels. But it still runs pretty good. And yah I may be interested in selling it.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

Forgot to tell you mine is 4wd with disk brakes at all 4 corners.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Launching!

I got a rodeo and I have been having serious thoughts of an lsx swap. I was playing with the computer at work and my 99 has a version of a 4l60e might me easier than I thought. keep the pics coming. Lifted turboed or sprayed amigo that you are giving to your girlfriend, thats true love
Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 AM
11 Second Club

Yah there is a little rust on some spots, like the bumpers and one of the rocker panels. But it still runs pretty good. And yah I may be interested in selling it.
Gotcha, PM me a price if you don't mind so that I may pass it along to my buddy.

Jim C.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Professor_speed
I got a rodeo and I have been having serious thoughts of an lsx swap. I was playing with the computer at work and my 99 has a version of a 4l60e might me easier than I thought. keep the pics coming. Lifted turboed or sprayed amigo that you are giving to your girlfriend, thats true love
Will do. She is a pretty good chick. Hell she likes the hot rods and the track as much if not more than I do. She doesn't complain about buying parts and gets me parts as gifts on those special occasions. The only thing that she suffers from is the "bigger must be better" syndrome. Every time I ask her what she thinks about this or that she always replies - "What’s is going to make it quicker"? If I decide to be conservative she wants to know if I plan to wear a skirt with it when I drive. Of course it is all in good fun. When I asked her what she wanted on her birthday she replied that she wanted a large Craftsman tool set. I damn near cried... Needless to say she got a 200 plus piece set. What a gal!!! She worships Larry the Cable guy and Ron White, her cooking is DA BOMB, she's VERY down to earth, open minded, polite and is not stingy with the nookie. I can talk to her about anything. Just last night we say out in the yard laying back in the lawn chairs picking out satellites from stars. I am waiting for her to tell me that she used to be a man or something, I'm never this lucky. I usually find the only damn nut on a fruit tree. I wonder if she is really a hit-woman sent by one of my old girlfriends. Maybe she is just loosening me up to get close then lights out!!! You guys are my witnesses. If I suddenly stop posting and no one hears from me again call the FBI and let then know what happened will ya!?

Back to the Amigo, if all goes well she and I plan to take the motor and tranny out this weekend. No, she won't be handing me tools. She will be elbow deep right there with me.

Jim C.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Man I think you guys can find a cleaner one out by you. I doubt he would want mine its no were as nice as yours and needs a bit of work.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Man I think you guys can find a cleaner one out by you. I doubt he would want mine its no were as nice as yours and needs a bit of work.
Thats cool and thanks for the honesty. I wouldn't mind having one as a doner to convert this one to 4 wheel drive. Know where I could find a good doner at. I not into haggeling over prices if it is reasonable. If you run across one keep me in mind please. Thanks.

Jim C.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Yah know prob. These things are awesome in 4wd! I just wonder if the drive train would hold that powere. Are you swapping out your rear end as well?
Wait you prob dont need to I bet what ever that 100hp 4cylie is turning back there is stronger then a 10 bolt!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

The first gen Amigos actually came with a Corporate 12 bolt that is supposed to VERY strong. As a matter of fact after doing a good deal of research I found that it is a general concensus that Isuzu should have stayed with their 12 bolt instead of switching to the Dana 44's for the second gens. Not sure why, but I guess they believe it to be stronger. I honestly don't know if it is or not but I plan to beat the **** out of it.

Jim C.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Wow does that include my 94?

Quick Reply: Pics of the Amigo