Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV system on 6.0l lq9 in thirdgen

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV system on 6.0l lq9 in thirdgen

Hey, quick question for you swappers, i wasn't really able to find the answer through searching. I swapped an LQ9 into my 89 TA, and am running an ls1 intake, but i kept the truck valve covers. I'm not exactly sure where to hook the vacuum up. As you can see on the pic below, there is the oil filler on the pass side and one vacuum nipple, where on the ls1 valce covers i think there are two. On the drivers side, there is the one hole with the grommet near the firewall that i have placed the standard pcv valve in.

The way i hooked it up was to hook the actual valve to vacuum on the drivers side, and then i hooked the passenger valve cover to vacuum as well. (Which doesn't really make sense) It's not really working, and the car makes a nasty noise at idle from it sucking vacuum through the dipstick. Hmm. My guess to fix it was just to disconnect the pass side, and place an inline fuel filter on the line from the pass valve cover and have it act as an open breather. Any thoughts??

Attached Thumbnails PCV system on 6.0l lq9 in thirdgen-setup.jpg  
Old 04-12-2008, 04:55 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The slickest way is the Ls6 valley cover and then there is a nipple right by the intake manifold port and you can use a LS6 PCV set up. Otherwise you want to go from the valve covers to the PCV valve (orientated so that air can only go from the covers to the intake manifold) and then to the port on the intake just behind the throttle body.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

i tried to figure this out also, on my carb'ed lq4-i tee'd into the line to my p/b's and to the nipple on the d/s, and left the pass side open-i hooked up a vac gauge to the tube on the p/s, just to see if i read any vacume-there was only about a 2 psi reading, less than i thought i would read-i may just hook up a filter on the p/s and see how that works

Quick Reply: PCV system on 6.0l lq9 in thirdgen