Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeff, anyone, need help with hydrolic clutch placement....

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeff, anyone, need help with hydrolic clutch placement....

I have the clutch and brake pedal in my C3 vette. Now I need to know where the heck do I put the hydrolic clutch rod and assembly. I have the T56 tranny out of a 99 camaro if that makes a differance. Any help would be great!!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Jeff, anyone, need help with hydrolic clutch placement....

I would highly recommend you go to this site and look at the pictures of the 69 Camaro project they are working on. There are a couple of diagrams that answer your exact question. You could also call and talk to Mark. Hope this helps!
http://www.hotrodlane.cc/

See ya,
Robert
Old 08-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Jeff, anyone, need help with hydrolic clutch placement....

The cylinder assy should be FIRMLY mounted to the firewall so that the rod passes into the car and attaches to the clutch pedal arm. The rod should pivot and not bind when the pedal is pushed. When the pedal is pushed the rod should penetrate into the cylinder no more than 7/8 to 15/16". The firewall mount will be tricky since the cylinder has an odd mounting angle (I am assuming you have the Camaro clutch cylinder). I believe the Corvette cylinder will also work and has a more right angle mounting flange. The hydraulic line snaps onto the lower fitting in the bellhousing.
Nick