Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 Lemans LS1 T56 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Motionworks spring compressor works well and it's doesn't cost very much. It matches the trunion upgrade on my rockers
Old 02-15-2022, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

I never liked the way my ridetech coil over lower control arm mounts fit the quick performance 9". Well they didn't really fit. The were for Moser style rear axle. Moser style meaning the control arm and shock mount are combined on one bracket. Not separate like factory. These were all ridetech offered other than stock axle bracket. They do offer parts to make your own. I made them fit with spacers and washers to take up the space needed to get the shock bolt and lowers control arm mount to line up and keep the coil over off the axle tube. Looked like crap.

These new brackets from Vector Performance Industries we're designed to fit the quick performance single bolt brackets and adds 3 more adjustment holes. They also offer a mount for the adjustable quick performance mounts.
I'm going to cut the coil spring perches off the axle and bend new brake lines for the rear axle.

Not that I need to spend more time not working on the frame but now is the time. Ive spent several evenings blasting the frame and im getting close to being done. The rear crossmember needs more and the inside the side rails. Then start tacking things in.

My one piece trunk floor came in. The body I'm going to need some assistance on. That trunk floor is heavy!!! I don't want to cut up the new trunk but I want to make a trap door to access the fuel pump from the trunk and incorporate the coil over reservoir hopefully through the same openings.

I had both with my old tank and that saved me from having to drop the tank to diagnose sending unit issues and fuel pump issues. Another reason why I'm ditching the Impala tank. Sending units are not cheap and I've always had intermittent fuel gauge operation. On my second sending unit. And the resistor has to be grounded just right and back to the fuel gauge and separate from the fuel pump.

The following users liked this post:
Project GatTagO (02-15-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 903 Posts

This is very good information considering I have a QP rear end on order and I also have the Ridetech coilover kit. My Ridetech coilover brackets were designed for stock style brackets, and they fit my 12 bolt perfectly. I am not exactly sure what to expect from QP. I ordered my housing with lower control arm brackets that have extra mounting holes. Do you have a link for Vector Performance Industries?

Andrew
Old 02-17-2022, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

https://vectorforceindustries.com/
I think you know him/of him.
Justin Nall aka The Yellow Chevelle guy.
@theyellowchevelle on Instagram.
@Vectorforceindustries on Instagram.

Quick Reply: 68 Lemans LS1 T56 swap