Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator wiring '01 F-body

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alternator wiring '01 F-body

I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I am just looking for the idiot proof version. I am using the Corvette alternator with a painless harness, and I'm getting the P1637 Alt. L terminal DTC. I have the alt. plug with S F L P terminals or is it S L F P. The S terminal is for battery positive. Which wire next to the S terminal (second position) on the Vette plug goes to Red C2 pin 15? Does the other wire (third position) need to go to C2 pin 52 (which in the pinout diagram in the stickies says not used??)? I believe that the P terminal (fourth position) is not used. The plug I have has all gray wires so please don't try to confuse me with wire colors Finally, will this energize the alternator and hopefully eliminate the DTC?
Thanks, Toby!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Teching In

I looked at the corvette pin out and see that the L terminal is supposed to be red wire to C2 pin 15 and the F terminal is gray wire to C2 pin 52. If someone could just tell me which position they are in from S terminal to P terminal. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

If you want to look up the thread it should be in here a few pages back I had the same problem on my s10. It should not be too far back it was only a couple of weeks ago I was having the same problem. Ok with the plug plugged into the alternator. Look directly at the back of the alternator standing on the Drivers side looking over the fender.( this is if your alt is on the drivers side. The very last pin on the right goes to constant 12V The middle pin goes to the pcm from the factory this would be the gray wire. The wire on the far left is the red wire which would run to the pcm.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Alternator wiring '01 F-body