Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Power Steering Hose

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corvette Power Steering Hose

I have a corvette pulley setup on my LS2. I am working on adapting my stock power steering box (Chevelle) to the power steering pump.

Does anyone know if the power steering high pressure line, connection is the same between the vette, GTO and the camaro?

I just need a line that I can take to the local hydraulic shop to make the hose.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that the fitting on the pump is metric and the fitting on the steering box will be SAE. I took my LS1 hose to the hose shop along with the original hose from the steering box to the hose shop and told them to take the LS1 hose and put a fitting "like this" on the other end as the hose was long enough. On mine there was a hard loop near the pump that I believe acts as an anti siphon to keep the pump from losing its prime.

Pat
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

i cant remember if the vette pump has an o ring fitting or not, but i used an adapter fitting to #6 an on the pump, and same at the box, which takes a flare fitting to #6-then i had a line made up with #6 females on both ends
pretty sure the pump was a metric o ring, the box was either 11/16 or 5/8 inverted flare
for a return i used 3/8 hose over the vette resv., and a #6 hose end on the other end, with another inverted flare to #6 fitting
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

The OEM vette pump uses a metric o-ringed fitting on the pump. What thread I am not sure.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
The OEM vette pump uses a metric o-ringed fitting on the pump. What thread I am not sure.
14mm, I am 99% sure. Earl's makes this type of fitting in steel in only two sizes, it is the smaller of the two. I just did all this on my 70 GTO. My steering box already had the -6 adapters on it.

I used a straight fitting coming off the pump on the pressure side with a 90* at the steering box. The return has a 90* fitting on the steering box and just slips over the nipple on the reservoir. When you get the pressure hose made have them crimp the straight fitting then take the hose home and clock the 90* so it flows with the natural curve of the hose, then take it back and have it crimped.

Andrew
Old 06-29-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the part numbers in our thread (search for story of 67 camaro).

Quick Reply: Corvette Power Steering Hose