Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99ls1 in a 72 vega?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red face 99ls1 in a 72 vega?

Here it goes, I am putting a 99ls1 in a 72 vega with a built 200r4, now I have no tunning knowlege in efi but am willing to learn and I want to tune(bigger cam) it my self, should I cut up aharness or buy one? who would you use to flash the pcm? and what program should I buy to tune with my lap top? I will take a bunch of pictures of this build up! thanks for your time TC
Old 07-02-2008, 09:51 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can tune it yourself. The basic tuning principals don`t change, but it is a bit more complicated than tuning a carb......theres a lot more variables here, you have a lot more flexibility this way and can tune it to run a lot more efficient than if it was a carb, but it takes more time and effort.

You could have the harness done or do it yourself. Theres pinouts, wiring diagrams and how to`s in the FAQ sticky. Speartech and jesse at wait4me both have a lot of experience flashing the PCM for a conversion.

For a tuning program there are 2 main options HPTuners and EFILive 7. They are pretty similar, EFI is a bit more expensive and has some extra features, more shops seem to use it. HPT is a little less expensive and more home users seem to use it. I use HPT and am happy with it. For the most part they do exactly the same thing, EFI has more custom operating systems available. Its really a personal preference thing.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Body
You can tune it yourself. The basic tuning principals don`t change, but it is a bit more complicated than tuning a carb......theres a lot more variables here, you have a lot more flexibility this way and can tune it to run a lot more efficient than if it was a carb, but it takes more time and effort.

You could have the harness done or do it yourself. Theres pinouts, wiring diagrams and how to`s in the FAQ sticky. Speartech and jesse at wait4me both have a lot of experience flashing the PCM for a conversion.

For a tuning program there are 2 main options HPTuners and EFILive 7. They are pretty similar, EFI is a bit more expensive and has some extra features, more shops seem to use it. HPT is a little less expensive and more home users seem to use it. I use HPT and am happy with it. For the most part they do exactly the same thing, EFI has more custom operating systems available. Its really a personal preference thing.
Thanks for the reply, there is no tuners around here that I know of that's why I am trying to do this myself and not have to travel to much. Again thanks for the reply. TC

Quick Reply: 99ls1 in a 72 vega?