Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Covans Classic gauges **BUYER BEWARE**

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure where to go with these clowns. The owner told me to send my panel back and he would send me the new style on the same day. I sent t back 5 weeks ago and NOTHING from Covans. No call, email or panel. I hope these crooks are not gong out of business before I get my panel or preferably my money back. If you saw the panel you could see how they might go out of business. Last week I called or emailed every day. Most of the time you either get their voice mail or their mailbox is full and you cant even leave a message. 2 weeks ado I got them to answer 3 times and every time they said they would either send my panel out or call me back that day. NOTHING yet. What can I do about these thieves?
Old 07-20-2008, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Call them back and demand an answer, no more "call you back" BS.
Sounds like they are jerking your chain and hoping you will tire of it and give up.
Good luck.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

The next time you e-mail them copy the link to this thread and send it along with your message. It may get their attention but then again maybe not. At least they will know that the word is getting out about dealing/not dealing with them.
LSX
Old 07-20-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what you've said, it sounds like the only thing that they're going to respond to is a letter from an attorney - and I wouldn't even think that that's a 100% sure deal... Best of luck though, thanks for warning others about these scumbags.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

I finally got my new panel. It took almost 7 weeks. After all those lies from the owner (Alan) and his employees they finally sent the new style. I called and emailed every day for 2 weeks. They are yet to return any email or phone message. I finally got someone to answer the phone, go get one out of the warehouse and send it to me. I told her the whole story but she didn't care in the least. She offered no explanation for all the problems or the lies.
The new panel is slightly better by design. The gauges don't point at my waist anymore. They point where they should but all the other problems are the same. It is still a flimsy piece of plastic. It measures the same thickness as a quarter. After some cutting and bracing I think they will look fine. Not $1000 worth, but acceptable.
The bottom line is this...This is a low quality and overpriced product. But by far the worst people I had to deal with on this truck. Anytime you deal with a business or people without ethics or a moral compass, you will be sorry. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

I'm really sorry about your experience with them but thanks for making it public!!! I was considering contacting them about some A body gauges for my dads GTO but now will definitely take my business elsewhere.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

I bought a Covans dash fo my 68' Chevelle and what a piece of crap that turned out to be. I called the company to tell them the problems I was having and they could care less. I actually live about 30 minutes from Covans and they didnt even offer to trade dash's or anything. I'll never buy from them or recommend them to anybody, EVER! They SUCK!
Old 08-11-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Not to be rude but does anybody take the time to recess the gauges instead of just sticking them in a open hole? like this,
Old 08-16-2008, 09:25 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a salesperson in a booth at super chevy tried to give me a panel for my camaro a few years ago. i told him he could keep it. my buddies thought i was crazy.
its a shame they charge so much for a poor product.
how is the wiring harness? rats nest, or is it put together well?
hope it turns out for the best for you.

Quick Reply: Covans Classic gauges **BUYER BEWARE**