Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Convertible Top Cover...Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible Top Cover...Help

I just moved into a new house and my roomate gets the garage which means my car is parked in the driveway outside.
I live in arizona which gets over a 100 degrees 6 months out of the year.
Ive thought of a car cover or a sheet over the car or something.
Does anyone have any better ideas?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

this is a good question, im getting a new top on next week and live in new mexico with my car parked outside. If anyone makes just a top cover or something let us know
Old 04-03-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z28bryan02
this is a good question, im getting a new top on next week and live in new mexico with my car parked outside. If anyone makes just a top cover or something let us know
One of my co-owners had a cover made for his Mercedes. It is a canvas piece made from stayfast material that just covers the top when it is up or down. They weighted it in the corners and middle of the edges with something that is also magnetized. It is actually very cool.

Just find a boat or upholstery shop that makes Bimini tops for boats and have them make one up.

I would guess it would cost about 100 to 150.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

After doing some research, I found a cover.
It covers the whole windsheild to the back window. The companys name is ADCO.
Problem is I went down to autozone to special order it ($39.99)& they arent manufacturing them anymore.
Today Im going down to pepboys to see if I can get something similar from a different vendor. Maybe they have a different dealer that they go through.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zoegirl
Problem is I went down to autozone to special order it ($39.99)& they arent manufacturing them anymore.
Today Im going down to pepboys to see if I can get something similar from a different vendor. Maybe they have a different dealer that they go through.
Let us know on your findings. My top gets its fair share of abuse in the FL sun.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

Let us know how it goes
Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zoegirl
If you come up with something, I am in for it also.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

I went to pepboys today, looked through the catalog but had no luck finding this particular cover.
The only thing they had available was whole car covers, so I bought a weatherproof car cover that fits the TA for $34.99.
I put it on about an hour ago, its kind of a pain but its better than nothing.

I also found out from my local carwash what they use to condition cloth tops on convertible cars. They said it was armorall.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Launching!

ragtop is the best stuff for your top.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bajapat
ragtop is the best stuff for your top.
I heard about that, but I cant seem to find a local dealer that sells ragtop. I dont want to order it because I dont use any major credit cards. I could try the convertible top place in scottsdale...Ive went there before to have some work done on the top.

What do you guys think about using amorall?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zoegirl
i heard about that, but i cant seem to find a local dealer that sells ragtop. I dont want to order it because i dont use any major credit cards. I could try the convertible top place in scottsdale...ive went there before to have some work done on the top.

What do you guys think about using amorall?
don"t
Old 04-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Launching!

http://www.autogeek.net/rafaca.html

Quoted...

You are probably no stranger to the auto forums. RaggTopp is mentioned in nearly all of them, with threads that read, “beads beautifully in rain” and “my top looks brand new”. Believe what they are saying! Wolfsteins Pro Series, the maker of RaggTopp, produces some of the best convertible top products available, so good in fact, that Raggtopp is endorsed by HAARTZ, the world’s leading manufacturer of convertible topping fabric since 1907. HAARTZ is the designated supplier of convertible topping fabric for virtually every U.S. automaker and most European manufacturers, and is the world's only manufacturer of both PVC and cloth combined automobile and sport utility topping.

Unlike other protectants, you will not see the word “silicone” listed in the ingredients. Because they do not contain silicone, RaggTopp products will not harm your paint, chrome, glass, or plastic windows of your convertible. That fact alone makes RaggTopp the choice for the auto-care professional as well as the weekend detailer.

The convertible is not just a car, it’s a statement of freedom and style, and it should always be taken care of in the best manner to keep it looking pristine. Wolfsteins' versatile line of RaggTopp products will do just that, and more. You will have the tools to clean and prevent damage to your fabric or vinyl convertible top, with the backing of HAARTZ behind every application. Whether you are driving a vintage roadster or a brand new convertible, these products will work to keep your top in tip top shape!

The RaggTopp Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner is safe for use on both fabric and vinyl tops. The powerful formula lifts soils and stains, and will repel the growth of mildew, as well as repel future stains from other sources.

RaggTopp Fabric Protectant will protect your top from acid rain, along with U.V. rays, smog, tree sap, bird droppings, salt, tar, dirt, grease, and grit. The superior polymer formula micro-bonds to the top to keep out even the smallest particles. It contains UV stabilizers and is ozone-friendly.

RaggTopp Vinyl Protectant will work wonders on your vinyl convertible top, bra covers, SUV tops, and the rear window of your convertible. Over time, you may see that window begin to yellow and turn brittle. That is because the material is soft and absorbs gases, UV rays, acids, and other environmental elements. This product will help reverse that damage. No more yellow!

RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit contains two essentials, Vinyl/Fabric Cleaner and Fabric Protectant, for a remarkable savings.

RaggTopp Vinyl Convertible Top Care Kit contains the Vinyl/Fabric Cleaner and the Vinyl Protectant, truly a value for the quality.

Bimini Topp Cleaner is environmental safe and powerful for use on bimini tops, sail covers, sailboat dodgers, spray hoods, and seats. It will remove the toughest of stains while doing no harm to fiberglass, marine finishes, chrome, vinyl, rubber or plastic. We were impressed and you will be too.

Bimini Topp Protectant will work on same surfaces as the Topp Cleaner, but must be re-applied after each washing. This layer of UV protection will not make surfaces sticky, as it contains no silicone.

Bimini Topp Kit contains everything you need for total bimini care. Inside your package will be the Topp Cleaner, Topp Protectant, a lint cleaner Microfiber Pad, and an all-purpose nylon bristle brush. If you love your bimini, you’ll love this kit!

All of these products are easy to use and can be applied in direct sunlight. When you use RaggTopp products, you can be assured a quality and standard of excellence that is unsurpassed. From the forums to the convertible top industry’s leader HAARTZ, to our family here at Autogeek, these are products you can trust!

Tested and endorsed by ROLL-N-LOCK and Colgan Custom Bra.

Haartz Corporation and Rode & Schwalenbert Gmbh. (Germany) Endorse RAGGTOPP Cleaner and Protectant.

tehy do Paypal which can be linked to a checking account or call them to see what they can do for ya.. they are very nice people..
Old 04-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Oh and if you can't wait...

Phoenix Trim & Supply
2359 North 33rd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85009
(602) 269-5825 or (800) 369-5084
www.phoenixtrim.com Silver State Suppliers
(800) 453-5777
Bailey's Fabric & Supplies
1401 N. Bailey Lane
Tuscon, AZ 85705
(520) 628-7321or (800) 528-4887
Keyston Bros.
4035 West Van Buren Street
Phoenix, AZ 85009
(602) 233-2233 or (800) 535-3848

these seem to be local to you..
Old 04-13-2009, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Red face

Thank you for the feedback, I wrote down that address. I w/ be calling them tommorow.

Quick Reply: Convertible Top Cover...Help