Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

3 Point SFC's???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by man2004
I am sending requests for 3-point SFC's (FOR CONVERTIBLES) to UMI and BMR again today via email. If anyone else is interested, please send requests as well.

jerry@umiperformance.com

kyle@bmrfabrication.com

I just spoke to the reps from both companies. I keep getting put off until the next season. Now, we are looking at fall. In my opinion, we have the best chance with UMI. So, please email email email! Let's hope Jerry comes through!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just posted a message on UMI's wall on Facebook, I'm curious if this will actually happen, I was planning on buying the SFC's they have in stock currently during the 4th of July sale. This is going to complicate things haha

EDIT!

Here is what I posted on Facebook and the responce:

Me: Any plans to make 3pt SFC's for convertible F-bodies?
UMI: Yes we do, we hope over the summer to finish them. Right now things are pretty busy so newer products are tough. Usually new product developement begins at the end of July. I will keep you updated!

Hope the are positive about this, I am itching to get any type of SFC on my car at this point!

Last edited by 94 Camaro Z28; 06-28-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Great work and thanks!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It be perfect if I can get em in fall!
Old 07-09-2011, 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 94 Camaro Z28
I just posted a message on UMI's wall on Facebook, I'm curious if this will actually happen, I was planning on buying the SFC's they have in stock currently during the 4th of July sale. This is going to complicate things haha

EDIT!

Here is what I posted on Facebook and the responce:

Me: Any plans to make 3pt SFC's for convertible F-bodies?
UMI: Yes we do, we hope over the summer to finish them. Right now things are pretty busy so newer products are tough. Usually new product developement begins at the end of July. I will keep you updated!

Hope the are positive about this, I am itching to get any type of SFC on my car at this point!
I asked a rep the same question a couple of years ago and that was the same response I got...Just putting that out there.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DropTopBird
I asked a rep the same question a couple of years ago and that was the same response I got...Just putting that out there.
Yeah, I kind of wondered if there were totally serious or not. I planned on buying the current SFC's they have during the 4th of July sale but held of because of his response. If they don't have anything started by the time the next sale starts for New Years, I'm just going to buy the set they have now.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Yeah, I kind of wondered if there were totally serious or not. I planned on buying the current SFC's they have during the 4th of July sale but held of because of his response. If they don't have anything started by the time the next sale starts for New Years, I'm just going to buy the set they have now.
If they were blowing smoke up your a$$ or in other words LIED, I'd take my business elsewhere. I HATE it when a business strings me along because they don't have the guts to say no.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We hope to start these in the beginning of August if all goes well.

Please understand when doing product development it takes time and research as well as testing. The SFC's aren't really that tough of a project, the hardest part is adding them in to a list of other projects. To be honest no business (at least us) wants to lead a customer on intentionally, we just get so e-mails, calls and request for different products sometimes it is really tough to stay on track and focused on one item.

As soon as I have a proto completed I will post a picture.

If we can get enough people I would do a group purchase or discount. I can tell you right now price will be around $319 for a weld in 3-Point and $339 for bolt in set up (This is what our hard top/t-top 3-Points are going to as of August 1st do to steel cost increase)

Based on these prices with a discount on top how many would be interested? Assuming we come out with a pretty killer design

I can do a good discount with a group however I don't want people to think they will be 50% off or something crazy like that.

Ryan

Last edited by UMI Performance; 07-12-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

I would be interested.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the reply Ryan! I'm definitely interested, as stated on your Facebook page and here . I completely understand that development takes time, and with the satisfaction with the current products I've bought from you, I have no feelings of you guys intentionally leading anyone on. I think you will have a lot more people interested then just who has posted here in the convertible section. I see people quite often looking for old SLP 3-point SFC's and ways to have custom ones made for their cars. I know you guys won't come short of finding people for a group purchase, and I've put my money aside for this

By the way, might want to change the wording here...

Originally Posted by UMI Performance

I can do a good discount with a group however I want people to think they will be 50% off or something crazy like that.

Ryan
Old 07-12-2011, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

By the way, might want to change the wording here...

Oops... fixed it

Glad to hear we still have some interest. I will keep this moving on my end as well.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

You definitely have interest. You might even put up a thread at some point in the Suspension section of the forum, I'd imagine more people with convertibles look there then here. That way you get to a bigger audience and get more of a reaction, especially towards a group purchase.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in for a set!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm interested in a bolt in set.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

We hope to start these in the beginning of August if all goes well.

Please understand when doing product development it takes time and research as well as testing. The SFC's aren't really that tough of a project, the hardest part is adding them in to a list of other projects. To be honest no business (at least us) wants to lead a customer on intentionally, we just get so e-mails, calls and request for different products sometimes it is really tough to stay on track and focused on one item.

As soon as I have a proto completed I will post a picture.

If we can get enough people I would do a group purchase or discount. I can tell you right now price will be around $319 for a weld in 3-Point and $339 for bolt in set up (This is what our hard top/t-top 3-Points are going to as of August 1st do to steel cost increase)

Based on these prices with a discount on top how many would be interested? Assuming we come out with a pretty killer design

I can do a good discount with a group however I don't want people to think they will be 50% off or something crazy like that.

Ryan
I need two sets (two verts '98 and '99)
Old 07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Very interested in these.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was told 3 Years ago that they would have them in a couple of months. Still Waiting!!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Z28
I was told 3 Years ago that they would have them in a couple of months. Still Waiting!!
I finally gave up last year and put a set in. Honestly I don't think the improvement of a 3pt from a 2pt is that big of a deal...
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedZag
I finally gave up last year and put a set in. Honestly I don't think the improvement of a 3pt from a 2pt is that big of a deal...
I've heard different from a few that had the Kenny Brown double diamond back in the day.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Just keep posting here, or even shoot Ryan a PM and let him know we have about 10 people* right now from what I can see that are interested. He said that he plans to start designing and will post up a picture of the prototype design when he gets it. Just keep active here and I'm sure it will motivate them. UMI has spoken up and said more then BMR has so I'm sure UMI wants to get the business from us then have it be taken away by another company.

*These 10 people are just in this sub-forum alone. Who knows how many other lurkers are waiting for this dream to come true. This is just one site, there are numerous other F-Body sites out there so I'm sure this will be a worthwhile addition to the lineup!

Quick Reply: 3 Point SFC's???