Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

'Late Model' Class Winner (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Default 'Late Model' Class Winner (pics)

Nice local show yesterday and 1st place winner in the 1992-2012 'late model' class. Among the victims were a newer Roush Mustang and a '97 Anniversary Camaro. 1st time I took the T/A to a show this season as I mostly have taken the SS. For those interested I use the Mother's 100% Carnauba Wax as my final layer. Makes the red 'pop'. Click on the photos to enlarge if you want.
Attachment 378152

Attachment 378153

Attachment 378154

Attachment 378155

Last edited by NC01TA; 10-03-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man , thats one hell of a clean looking car for sure
Old 10-30-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cemlsx
Congrats man , thats one hell of a clean looking car for sure
Thanks! I've always kept it in a climate controlled garage since day 1, except for those rare overnight jaunts.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

How many miles do you have on that bad boy? Very clean indeed!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HAWKVERT
How many miles do you have on that bad boy? Very clean indeed!
Just hit 32,000 after a trip to Orlando this month. Most of the miles are easy highway/cruising miles. It has never been a daily driver.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Very nice!

I can recognize a fellow stickler for detail. You've done a first rate job of keeping that car in top condition, it looks more like 5-10k miles rather than 32k.

The radiator cap with red text is a nice touch, I always thought about doing that with my red WS6 as well but never got around to it. I see that you don't have the original assembly line wiper blades any longer though! It looks like the only other non-original items are the tires, valve stem caps and oil fill cap.

That car is just beautiful.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Very nice!

I can recognize a fellow stickler for detail. You've done a first rate job of keeping that car in top condition, it looks more like 5-10k miles rather than 32k.

The radiator cap with red text is a nice touch, I always thought about doing that with my red WS6 as well but never got around to it. I see that you don't have the original assembly line wiper blades any longer though! It looks like the only other non-original items are the tires, valve stem caps and oil fill cap.

That car is just beautiful.
You are extremely sharp-eyed. Spot on with everything you mentioned. I have all the original parts saved except the GS-C tires. Since I replaced them with the GS-D3 tires I wasn't worried about it. I just hope Goodyear keeps making these 16" size. I like 'stock' original cars but a few dress-up items are always nice, like the oil cap and tire caps. Very minor things.
This T/A is cleaned after most every outing. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You are extremely sharp-eyed. Spot on with everything you mentioned. I have all the original parts saved except the GS-C tires. Since I replaced them with the GS-D3 tires I wasn't worried about it. I just hope Goodyear keeps making these 16" size. I like 'stock' original cars but a few dress-up items are always nice, like the oil cap and tire caps. Very minor things.
This T/A is cleaned after most every outing. Thanks for the kind words.
Haha....yeah, after all my years of being heavily focused on these cars and having owned a couple of them brand new, very little escapes me. Nothing wrong with some small stuff to add your personal touch, it's all very minor and tasteful. I too have done a handful of minor things with my '98, and like you, have saved all the original items but the tires (mine were RS-As, not as nice looking or well-performing as the GS-Cs).

The selection of 16" tires in our stock size has shrunk to very little in recent years. I made the change to a 17" SS wheel back in 2005, but I still have my stock chrome 16s and would most likely select the same tire that you have now, should I ever go back to the original wheels.

Anyway, I just wanted to acknowledge the obvious attention to detail that your car displays. I realize the amount of cleaning and care that is necessary to keep a street driven car looking that nice over the course of 30k+ miles; this type of attention takes a real commitment. I too have a regular cleaning routine that mine sees after every weekend of use.

Quick Reply: 'Late Model' Class Winner (pics)