Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

My convertible is slightly torn on the back window

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My convertible is slightly torn on the back window

As the title says its torn a bit so if it rains I could end up getting water in my car, I was wondering if any has had this issue before and how much would it be to fix , looks like the glue holding to the window has came off the bottom of it and at the corner it is torn, haven't been to any place to talk about the price was wondering what do you guys think it should be around so I don't end up over paying, thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea, mine is separating too -- but I use the top so infrequently I have been putting it off so far… Mine is white vinyl, yours is probably fabric?
Old 08-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Teching In

Yea it's fabric, I would put in garage but just too much stuff there so it's either driveway or outside still going to get wet if rain though
Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 501 Likes on 361 Posts

I know many 'vert owners dislike hearing this but 'fix it yourself' repairs on 'verts is extremely difficult and often times a negative experience. You have to know what you are doing. It is no time for amateur repairs. With 'vert tops it is always best to get the top professionally done by a respected 'vert shop. That mean $300 minimum for a professional repair. If my top suffered the issue you are talking about I would spend that money in a heartbeat. It will only get worse, and much worse if you leave the car outside, which is just a shame. The climate plays havoc with 'vert owners and decreases the top's life by years. If you have no choice, you have no choice, but that warrants the repair being done right. Good luck!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buy a car cover for when you keep it outside until you get it fixed.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 501 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Buy a car cover for when you keep it outside until you get it fixed.
As long as it's a quality one. They start at $150. A cheap cover will trap moisture and start the mold/mildew issues, then you have another problem.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the input I'm in the middle of selling my other car so don't really have the money right now but hopefully I am able to sell in this week then I can buy the cover and fix the problem 300minimum isn't too bad ill get it done as soon as I can thanks

Quick Reply: My convertible is slightly torn on the back window