Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Annual Xmas Trans Am trip to Pigeon Forge TN

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 08:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Default Annual Xmas Trans Am trip to Pigeon Forge TN

Each year we do our Christmas shopping and have dinner in Pigeon Forge TN. We travel through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to get there from NC. Some sights to share, from turkeys to wonderful views to prime rib dinner, and of course a dozen fresh Krispy Kremes for the drive home. No 'topless' driving this time of year. Temps in the 30's in the park.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Don't tell me you eat donuts in your car...
Old 12-18-2018, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nathan C
Don't tell me you eat donuts in your car...
Guilty!!! I was vacuuming the sugar out today.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Guilty!!! I was vacuuming the sugar out today.
Sugar glaze comes out of the carpet much easier than powdered sugar. Ask me how I know.

I take it that they don't use much salt on the roads in NC / TN when the snow falls?
Old 12-21-2018, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Amazing country right there!! Me and my family leaving Florida and heading back to Nebraska decided to loop up to Gatlinburg and wow was amazing, first time we've ever seen such dense thick forest. We are used to Colorado scenery which is really awesome in it's self but completely different to take all in. So we cruised through Pigeon Forge and it's a neat area with lots to do. Anyways we went through that area I believe it was the year before or a few months before those nasty wildfires swept through that area. Have to admit me and my wife and our oldest son were kind of taken back seeing that in the news because the area really made a positive lasting impression on us.

Anyways how is recovery coming along from those fires?
Old 12-23-2018, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Sugar glaze comes out of the carpet much easier than powdered sugar. Ask me how I know.

I take it that they don't use much salt on the roads in NC / TN when the snow falls?
They use a brine solution for the most part. It's still nasty but after a few days it is gone. We waited those few extra days so it was almost clean roads. I washed the undercarriage anyway. Yes, crumbled sugar was an easy clean-up.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by neblackshirts
Amazing country right there!! Me and my family leaving Florida and heading back to Nebraska decided to loop up to Gatlinburg and wow was amazing, first time we've ever seen such dense thick forest. We are used to Colorado scenery which is really awesome in it's self but completely different to take all in. So we cruised through Pigeon Forge and it's a neat area with lots to do. Anyways we went through that area I believe it was the year before or a few months before those nasty wildfires swept through that area. Have to admit me and my wife and our oldest son were kind of taken back seeing that in the news because the area really made a positive lasting impression on us.

Anyways how is recovery coming along from those fires?
You can just barely see remnants of the fire along the main roads. We still noticed it on the bypass between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. One more growing season and it will be long gone. The remote 'off the road' areas will take years to recover though.
We always compare Pigeon Forge as Tennessee's version of Orlando. Endless tourist attractions and still growing. We avoid it during the summer and weekends as it can become a total traffic jam along the main road.