Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

security in parking a convertible

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007 | 05:22 PM
On The Tree

i alawys leave mine up and invested a club. i know its not much but it makes them do more work then they have too and hopefully pass. only times i leave it down is at a car show when im near it. by the way i like that 99 white ss!!
Attached Thumbnails security in parking a convertible-picture-193.jpg  
Old 12-16-2007 | 07:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i like this idea. at the same time, i imagine the concept of a sniper at the mall is not something today's america can sanely deal with.
True ! True ! But I would still love to catch one of them sombitches & beat the devil out of em ! And after doing so tell em this is for all the poor slobs who were never able to catch ya'll ! Then kick him one last time before you drive off.
Old 12-18-2007 | 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
True ! True ! But I would still love to catch one of them sombitches & beat the devil out of em ! And after doing so tell em this is for all the poor slobs who were never able to catch ya'll ! Then kick him one last time before you drive off.
i can understand your frustration when it comes to thieves.

reminds me of when this guy tried to pick my pocket at a club. i was walking upstairs and he was starting to walk downstairs when he reached into my coat pocket and grabbed my wallet. i watched him do it and grabbed the wallet from the inside of my jacket. he tried to pull on it and i really didn't want to lose my wallet, so i kicked him in the side of the ribs in front of everyone. dude falls down the stairs and hits his head against the wall and the first thing i can think of is that my buddy is on the 1st floor, i'm on the third and i have no idea where this guy's friends are. luckily the guy just kept shaking his head pretending to not know what just happened and ignored me.
i left the club immediately and consider myself lucky that nothing else happened.

if it happened in a mall parking lot and i knew he didn't have his buddies around, i would have destroyed him.
Old 12-18-2007 | 08:30 PM
Banned

I here you man . At least you got him good. Maybe he'll think twice before he tries it again .
Old 12-21-2007 | 01:48 AM
On The Tree

i park with the top down often. 5-8 hours at work in a slightly rough area. in front of my house top down overnight (decent area).

seems that thieves thinks there's nothing in the car worth stealing if the owner doesn't bother to put the top up.
Old 01-03-2008 | 05:49 PM
Teching In

Default Factory alarm??

I just bought a 97 Conv T/A from a know nothing dealer - there is a blinking red light (alarm?) on the dash - did these cars have a factory alarm? I didn't get a remote fob with the car.
Old 01-05-2008 | 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ConvBird
I just bought a 97 Conv T/A from a know nothing dealer - there is a blinking red light (alarm?) on the dash - did these cars have a factory alarm? I didn't get a remote fob with the car.

Check with the dealer and see if its got a factory alarm the parts or service guy can run the VIN and tell.
If aftermarket go to a local Circuit city and ask if they can supply a remote. Tell them you dont know the brand.
My car didnt come with a remote and they found out it was a Viper alarm.
$35 later I had a working alarm system. They even programmed the remote for me.
I also found out later via the previous owner that it has a proximity sensor in the console.
Ive tried to sneak up on it an put my hand inside the car and it nails me every time. But it also doesnt like windy weather.
Old 01-05-2008 | 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Probably depends upon where you live (and the local bird population ) Plenty of places I park, I leave it down. If I'm in an area with potential dirtbags, I put it up.
YES..REMEMBER the BIRDS...
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:02 PM

Hehe, i parked my car once with the top down. I always think of how easy itll be for someone to pull the ebrake down and take out of 1st gear and let the car roll down or just push it away.

put the top up if you love your car.

Quick Reply: security in parking a convertible