Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

UMI Subframe Suspension Install PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007 | 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Default UMI Subframe Suspension Install PICS!!

***sorry, pics are gone. cleaned out the photobucket for other stuff. you can scroll below for my post about how i rate the umi subframes. please don't revive the thread asking where the pics went.***

if anyone has any questions about my setup i'd be happy to answer.

Last edited by mtedenajimenez; 01-07-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2007 | 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks great man that underbody is friggin clean
Old 12-10-2007 | 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow thats one clean *** car, nice work man. I told my girlfriend to get me the UMI SFC for xmas. Did you notice a difference with them in at all?
Old 12-10-2007 | 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great man. I do love the UMI stuff. I am actually waiting for my lower A-arms to arrive to go along with my K-member. Did you have any problem with the tunnel brace install? Is that UMI as well?
Old 12-10-2007 | 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Numba1Stunna
Wow thats one clean *** car, nice work man. I told my girlfriend to get me the UMI SFC for xmas. Did you notice a difference with them in at all?
thanks everyone! yes i did notice a difference! my driveway slopes up into my garage (barely enough so that i don't hit on the bottom, thank goodness), and even with all the other suspension stuff (including a chrome moly strut bar) i still noticed some dash/interior creaking as i try to angle my way in and out. with the subframes, i can't notice anything, so that right there tells me that my car is much more solid. on the road, for me, i can feel the car respond a lot better. and this is after i've gotten all these other mods. before i got the connectors, i kind of doubted i needed subframe connectors for a low mileage car that had never been abused, but man, did they make the ride more enjoyable. doesn't feel like a 12+ yr car anymore!
Old 12-10-2007 | 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Looks great man. I do love the UMI stuff. I am actually waiting for my lower A-arms to arrive to go along with my K-member. Did you have any problem with the tunnel brace install? Is that UMI as well?
no problem with the tunnel brace, but i don't have longtubes. i have slp coated shorties connected to magnaflow direct fit cats to the gmmg (which is plenty plenty loud connected to the ol' lt1). so it's basically still the stock exhaust routing with much better components, haha. tunnel brace is bmr. i'm not sure if it's changed, but at the time umi didn't have a regular tunnel brace available, they just had the driveshaft loop tunnel brace which i didn't want. spohn makes one for any exhaust, which i had before the bmr one and lets just say that it wasn't made for lowered cars. *scrape* *scrape* hangs way too low. i do have plenty umi stuff though, all works great (i got their tranny brace, strut bar, lcas, torque arm and subframes)
Old 01-09-2008 | 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

I got some pics..

I haven't driven the car yet so i cannot review them... though it's about time brotha!!! These things were close to being a rumor than a possibility!