Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

quaffie

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have problems adapting, just dial in more rear brake bias...for me, I like more than most as I enjoy a flater more neutral car position...just be careful the first time you do this.

[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I found out today. The more brake bias the better- just remember to adjust bias back for street. The differential and trans are done and I appreciate everbodys feedback. Main thing was do I take out what I just put in and switch to clutch packs.
From here out I will deal with Phadt and specialized chassis tuners
Thanks
Dave
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Teching In

good work dave
i too with my 3 link, like alot of rear bias to "hunker the car down" before turn in. but you do need to dial it out when on street, the track surface is much stickier and tires are alot hotter, meaning you can brake harder before lock up, and rear lock up will spin you every time if you can't get out of it.
goodluck.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OKcruising
68protouring454,

The Quaife is different from clutch-types. When braking, the rear naturally becomes unloaded and the quaife has no input torque but it still constantly tweaks the torque bias meaning that the rear of the car isn't settled. Thus spring rates, shock tuning, downforce, and braking torque must be felt out.

Without chassis tuning, the car will squirm and you enter a turn unsettled and the *** end probably hanging out
What ever you say is right!

Call me when you get a chance......Make sure your car is ready for my Dual AWD Dyno session on the 13th......YOU better make it
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by djZ06
If you have problems adapting, just dial in more rear brake bias...for me, I like more than most as I enjoy a flater more neutral car position...just be careful the first time you do this.

Thats exactly what I found out today. The more brake bias the better- just remember to adjust bias back for street. The differential and trans are done and I appreciate everbodys feedback. Main thing was do I take out what I just put in and switch to clutch packs.
From here out I will deal with Phadt and specialized chassis tuners
Thanks
Dave[/QUOTE]

Aaron was runing a Quaife and is an xlnt source and I have gained from his chasis expertise...on a side note they should prove that with the team he put together for the 25hrs of TH.

Fact is with chasis tuning most of us just drive over the car inabilities anyhoo as we don't get enough seat time to really make a big difference...learn good car feedback and control, that is key then you can work up from there.!

Good luck.

Quick Reply: quaffie