Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette Museum Pickup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Museum Pickup?

how many people here have picked up their new vette's at the Mueseum?

I'm thinking about doing this in the spring/summer, sounds like it'd make a nice trip?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Banned

The museum is cool, no doubt, I posted maybe 30 pictures when I went there earlier this year....

But right across the street is the assembly plant..... it's a little known fact (I found out during the tour) that you can watch your Corvette being built!

You actually get to sit in the driver's seat and turn (push) the ignition key for the first time!!!

You should look into the factory delivery experience... and save the museum as a nice sight seeing tour..

My $.02
Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I'm going to do that, pick up at the factory. Would be awesome. It's now an option (lol) on the Vette. $490 and you go down there, get the museum tour, then go over to the factory, tour that, and then go see your vette roll off. You get a bunch of paper work, a Plaque with your Name, date, car's VIN on it etc. The car gets a plaque or sticker on the inside door jamb with the same thing.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
Yeah I'm going to do that, pick up at the factory. Would be awesome. It's now an option (lol) on the Vette. $490 and you go down there, get the museum tour, then go over to the factory, tour that, and then go see your vette roll off. You get a bunch of paper work, a Plaque with your Name, date, car's VIN on it etc. The car gets a plaque or sticker on the inside door jamb with the same thing.
Yepp...... big pimpin'.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
how many people here have picked up their new vette's at the Mueseum?

I'm thinking about doing this in the spring/summer, sounds like it'd make a nice trip?
Do it for sure. Have known a few vette owners that did that and they said it was totally worth it.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Teching In

I did the factory tour and delivery in 03. Well worth it.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

There are two different deals: Museum Delivery (the R8C option), and the Buyer's Tour.

Museum Delivery is just that, you take delivery at the Museum, and their team does the dealer prep (and most righteously, I might add). You also get the stuff you mentioned, plus a VIP factory tour, plus the opportunity to take pics of your car in the museum, and then across the street at the factory (like in my current avatar). Very cool, and it's also great that you don't have some dealership lot boy "washing" your new Vette.

BUT. The Buyer's Tour is The One Not To Be Missed (imo). This is where you get to go to the plant and follow YOUR CAR down the line as it's being built. You'll get to be the "first" to start it, with a birth certificate and some pics to go with that little ceremony. You'll also get to talk to the workers, and will also likely get some souveniers like build sheets, punch-outs, etc. And maybe, even though everyone involved will deny this, you'll get to sign your car. It's against the rules, but almost everyone I've talked to has been allowed to do it. The tour guide looks the other way.

You arrange a Buyer's Tour through the Museum, not GM. There's a page about it at the NCM website. The Queen of the Buyer's Tour is Lori Bischke. Super, super lady. Once you read the website call her with any questions.

If I could only do one or the other, I would do the Buyer's Tour. I've talked to a number of people who have done both and they've all said the same thing.

Note that if you do a Buyer's Tour and Museum Delivery both that there's a mandatory 2 week quality hold between when the car is built and when you can pick it up. So you have to make two trips. Also note that it's possible for your build to take 2 days, depending on exactly when it comes down the line, so if you want to see the whole thing you may have to stay in Bowling Green overnight, or even over a weekend. I ended up having to stay over a weekend. It was still worth it.

Congrats and good luck with your new Vette!

Quick Reply: Corvette Museum Pickup?