Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

First major mod...LT's are on!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default First major mod...LT's are on!

Got my system finished up today after having it sitting in the garage with open headers for a couple weeks. It's the first "big" mod for the Z. Up next will be cam and UD pulley but that's probably a ways down the road. I might get it tuned soon but not decided yet. The system is FLP LT's, cat delete tubes fabbed up to 2.5" pipe to join my ARK ORX and finally into my Ti mufflers. I installed the LT's myself and spent about $560 for everything since I got the LT's used on the auction site. Who says you have to pay $1K for full exhaust? It's pretty quiet at idle/light throttle as expected but just about perfect at WOT. I rung it out a couple times but being 15 degrees outside on the original F1's made my AH/TC work it's *** off! Here's some pics attached. I didn't lose any ground clearance so I'm very pleased.

Last edited by Red99TA; 01-12-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Only issue is that the FLPs are mild steel and coated... they'll wear out faster than a good SS set.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Only issue is that the FLPs are mild steel and coated... they'll wear out faster than a good SS set.
No offense but I could give 2 sh_ts about stainless. I had coated pacesetters on my T/A for 4 yrs with no problems. I know they'll last "forever" but I just don't agree with having to spend that much for headers.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Launching!

I'm also a member of the less than 1 grand full exhaust club ($850). Congrats on your purchase. My el cheapo headers and catback nettet me 112mph in the 1/4 with the only other mod being a vararam and tune (stock LS1 intake manifold)
Old 01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice no matter how much you spent on it.
Amazing how heavy the stock exhaust was!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by scramblerman
nice no matter how much you spent on it.
Amazing how heavy the stock exhaust was!
That's true...the stock shorties and catted H-pipe are really heavy!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome man, good for you. Long tubes are an AWESOME mod on an LSX. Nothing like the sound of a free reving LSX.

Enjoy the ride man.

(and i'd tune the car..or do another mod and tune it)...you'll get the most out of the application
Old 01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Awesome man, good for you. Long tubes are an AWESOME mod on an LSX. Nothing like the sound of a free reving LSX.

Enjoy the ride man.

(and i'd tune the car..or do another mod and tune it)...you'll get the most out of the application
Thanks, I'll probably end up getting an HPTuners file from another intake/exhaust C5Z and have someone flash it for me. I won't be camming it anytime soon so there aren't too many more mods I can do in the meantime. The next one I would do is an UD pulley but with how much that sucks I'll wait until the cam.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Thanks, I'll probably end up getting an HPTuners file from another intake/exhaust C5Z and have someone flash it for me. I won't be camming it anytime soon so there aren't too many more mods I can do in the meantime. The next one I would do is an UD pulley but with how much that sucks I'll wait until the cam.

Yeah thats probably a smart choice,..the camshaft/pulley, is a beotch. Don't blame you one bit. Hp tuners works well,...as do alot of various programs. I use diablosport, and love it. Let me know if you can't find help with hp tuners.

Quick Reply: First major mod...LT's are on!