Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Line lock on early model C5

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line lock on early model C5

Anyone installed a line lock on an early model C5, like 97? I know there is only one guy that sells a kit, but I don't need the entire kit. I have the solenoid, switch plate, mounting plate and all the wiring. Pics, links, help would be great. Ive searched for hours. I guess I could approach him and see if he would just sell me the lines and instructions. Ideas?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Teching In

I can be done. You can't just swap a few lines on a 97-early 98 as you can on a 99-04. The problem is the ABS module is in the rear of the car. The easiest way is to cut and reflare an existing line as the line runs to the rear of the car. I did one years back and don't remember what line I used. My current 97 does not have LL and is in storage for the winter. I also have seen a guy run a solenoid to each front wheel with some home maid lines.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks, I cant seem to find any info on the install. I guess I just don't know where the lines run from the solenoid. Could one go into the proportioning valve?
I think I get what your saying, a solenoid would just be plumbed in-line with each front wheel. My search continues, but thank you.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:45 PM

Remove the back line to the master cylinder (front wheels outlet) you need to install a new line from the rear master cylinder port to the inlet of the line lock solenoid, and install the line you disconnected from the master cylinder originally to the output port on the line lock solenoid. This I did with a small tube bender and a double flare tool (6mm Metric). I mounted the solenoid on the wheel well underneath the windshieldwasher reservoir that way the bending of the line was minimal. I also had to design my own circuit controlled off ground in order to deactivate ABS and Traction Control while activating the line lock solenoid and stop lamps (they need to turn on while system is engaged, to be street legal). I hope this helps

Quick Reply: Line lock on early model C5