Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette plant shutting down

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I guess it's hard to understand my point? I'm not tring to argue with your dudes. Again the Corvette plant is basically being idled for a few weeks, we know that, I never said it wasn't. The thread topic just says it's "shutting down" which as I said before gives the impression it's not opening again. Which misleads people. Simple as that....the same topic is on CF, they made it very clear it's for a few weeks at a time. Big difference. The plant that is shutting down forever is S-K, not related to GM.

Last edited by SSNISTR; 04-01-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Wow, I guess it's hard to understand my point? I'm not tring to argue with your dudes. Again the Corvette plant is basically being idled for a few weeks, we know that, I never said it wasn't. The thread topic just says it's "shutting down" which as I said before gives the impression it's not opening again. Which misleads people. Simple as that....the same topic is on CF, they made it very clear it's for a few weeks at a time. Big difference. The plant that is shutting down forever is S-K, not related to GM.
Your point is based on your interpretation of my title. Nobody else read anything more or less. My title says nothing about the time limit. It's not a big deal to argue about it either. The whole point for me posting it was that it is sad that Vette's are not selling, enough to make them stop making them. That could be a day, a week, a month or even a year.

That's sad, end of story.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is not the first time the Corvette plant has shut down. It did it last year and in the past as well. No sense in making cars and wasting money just to have them sit on dealers lots.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Your point is based on your interpretation of my title. Nobody else read anything more or less. My title says nothing about the time limit. It's not a big deal to argue about it either. The whole point for me posting it was that it is sad that Vette's are not selling, enough to make them stop making them. That could be a day, a week, a month or even a year.

That's sad, end of story.
NOTHING is selling right now, Vettes will go down with the ship, GMs put too much enginnering in the Vettes and Caddys to get rid of them without some coin for it
Old 04-01-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
you serious? my local dealer has one for 500 off sticker. you got stuck

Da,I think that $10,000 off of sticker is a better deal than $500 off.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by playtoy
After what I saw today that dosen't really suprise me. I went to 3 dealerships today and corvettes were the only cars on the showroom floor. And they were still trying to mark the Z-06 up $8000 over MSRP. They called it a "Market Adjustment".
You are shopping at the wrong place. Here in Reno they are selling for less than sticker. 80K over invoice, I want some of what you are smoking.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bill K
You are shopping at the wrong place. Here in Reno they are selling for less than sticker. 80K over invoice, I want some of what you are smoking.
8 thousand
Old 04-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slow
huh, I'd rather pay $10K under sticker, than $500 under sticker.

Ryan
i bet he didnt see the "below word" like he just read over 10k. and stopped.

Quick Reply: Corvette plant shutting down