http://www.bgdailynews.com/articles/...news/news2.txt
Old 03-30-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow...
Old 03-30-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, that does suck. I wonder if there will be a '10 corvette.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After what I saw today that dosen't really suprise me. I went to 3 dealerships today and corvettes were the only cars on the showroom floor. And they were still trying to mark the Z-06 up $8000 over MSRP. They called it a "Market Adjustment".
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 AM
11 Second Club

Just bought a new 09 Z for over 10k below sticker.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Well you cant sell what you don't make but if you don't make it there nothing to sell, lets just hope they just slow down production, this sucks.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

You need to re-title your thread. It's very misleading.

The Corvette plant is only closing down for a few weeks. The closures are OTHER plants in Bowling Green.

READ guys.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSNISTR

The Corvette plant is only closing down for a few weeks. The closures are OTHER plants in Bowling Green.

READ guys.
Cool.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

man that sucks!!

I hope there are more vettes in the future.

Glad I have mine, now to just convert her so I can drive my baby Z!!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by David Gordon
Just bought a new 09 Z for over 10k below sticker.
you serious? my local dealer has one for 500 off sticker. you got stuck
Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

READ guys.
I read it.... the reply stands...wow.

Not surprised, since I drive by a vette dealer everyday,......for months now, I see the same vettes sitting there.

Sell what they've got...make more cars.

etc
Old 03-31-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

READ guys.

I said in the title, Corvette plant shutting down.

"The Corvette plant will shut down for six weeks starting Monday. The plant will close for two weeks, then reopen for a few weeks before closing again"

I didn't say anything about how long or even why dude. You read it again.

It's sad it should shut down at all. They don't even know how long it will shut down for in total and that's why I didn't add any details other than "Corvette Plant shutting down". 100% the case BTW.

"Sales of our products have diminished significantly, so it’s not viable to keep the plant open,” Killebrew said. " We need to put the plant in mothballs."

"If the plant were to reopen after a relatively brief shutdown, Killebrew said some of the plant’s current workers could be rehired - but it’s a scenario he admits is unlikely".

“I think we’re looking at 2010,” he said. “All we can do is hope and pray volume will come back and we’ll have to re-staff.”
Old 04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Wow, bro, you need to read. That wasn't refering to the Corvette plant, it's talking about a supplier of trim parts called S-R in Bowling Green. Read the whole thing. This is how stupid rumors get started....

"The reduced U.S. production of automobiles has led to a significant reduction in the need for the S-R of Kentucky plant’s products", said Andy Killebrew, vice president of human resources for the plant’s parent company, SRG Global.
"Sales of our products have diminished significantly, so it’s not viable to keep the plant open,” Killebrew said. “We need to put the plant in mothballs.”

He (Killebrew) works for S-R global, not GM, and was talking about his company (S-R) going into mothballs the the Corvette plant. The Corvette plant, as I said will be shut down for a few weeks as many other automakers are doing as well.
Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

"Sales of our products have diminished significantly, so it’s not viable to keep the plant open,” Killebrew said. " We need to put the plant in mothballs."

Last edited by SSNISTR; 04-01-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
huh, I'd rather pay $10K under sticker, than $500 under sticker.

Ryan
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slow
huh, I'd rather pay $10K under sticker, than $500 under sticker.

Ryan
Yeah wondering how he got stuck as well? Seems to me as if he saved 9500 more than the local dealer he is talking about lol.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:22 AM
master of the "jack"stand

I don't see why everyone is busting the OP's *****? What he said was correct, and the article mentions the woes of other factories as well.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6

mmmm 10k under msrp or 500 under msrp......
thinking..........................
thinkin...... MMM I will go with option A 10k below MSRP.

Got stuck in a good deal is what he got.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, bro, you need to read. That wasn't refering to the Corvette plant, it's talking about a supplier of trim parts called S-R in Bowling Green. Read the whole thing. This is how stupid rumors get started....

"The reduced U.S. production of automobiles has led to a significant reduction in the need for the S-R of Kentucky plant’s products", said Andy Killebrew, vice president of human resources for the plant’s parent company, SRG Global.
"Sales of our products have diminished significantly, so it’s not viable to keep the plant open,” Killebrew said. “We need to put the plant in mothballs.”

He (Killebrew) works for S-R global, not GM, and was talking about his company (S-R) going into mothballs the the Corvette plant. The Corvette plant, as I said will be shut down for a few weeks as many other automakers are doing as well.

Sorry hot rod but you need to reread and take in what you are reading. How can you get this confused??? Tell me?

The Corvette plant will shut down for six weeks starting Monday. The plant will close for two weeks, then reopen for a few weeks before closing again. Hourly workers will be temporarily laid off during those down weeks, said Andrea Hales, communications director for the plant.

It says the corvette plant will shut for six weeks, on and off. It will however nonetheless shut down.

Yes it definitely sucks that they are shutting the plant down. It will be even worse if GM goes under. If they do Corvette maybe sold to some outside company. Have to wait and see.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its called market adjustment. If cars arent selling then why build them? Itll reduce costs and inventory which is one of GMs biggest problems right?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Oh, ok. Again, the Corvette Plant will shut down.

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Sorry hot rod but you need to reread and take in what you are reading. How can you get this confused??? Tell me?

The Corvette plant will shut down for six weeks starting Monday. The plant will close for two weeks, then reopen for a few weeks before closing again. Hourly workers will be temporarily laid off during those down weeks, said Andrea Hales, communications director for the plant.

It says the corvette plant will shut for six weeks, on and off. It will however nonetheless shut down.

Yes it definitely sucks that they are shutting the plant down. It will be even worse if GM goes under. If they do Corvette maybe sold to some outside company. Have to wait and see.

It looks like for an undetermined ammount of time, Corvette's will stop coming out of the Corvette plant. I believe this is a first.

Quick Reply: Corvette plant shutting down