Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Just bought my dream car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smile Just bought my dream car!!!!!

Well fellas i just bought my 1st Corvette! I have been an fbody guy since i was 16 but always loved and wanted a vetter. I had an 83 Firebird SE with a carb'ed 305 exhaust and a few goodies. My buddy bought a 89 L98 Vette, and smoked my @ss! From that point i always wanted one especially after he hit a curvy road doing 90 and the car felt like it was going straight!

Needless to say i am about to $hit myself with excitement! I won't get to pick her up til mid may. Any pointers or suggetions on the first to do list? Mods, maintenance, etc, etc,...any thing to help! Thanks!

It's a 2000, a4, blk/blk, coupe with the 3.15 rear end, all stock with 47k miles, clean title and carfax/dmv report. Paid 17k for her.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations bud. I got mine about three weeks ago and haven't quit smiling yet.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats and I know you will enjoy it. The first things I would do or did was a tune tstat, some form of filter, LS6 intake, and longtubes. made the biggest difference.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

If you want an LS6 intake just let me know I have two for sale.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default mods

I have a throttle body i am sending of to get ported. What cold air/ram air set up do you guys recommend? At the moment i can afford intake, pulley, and the throttle body. I already have a set of msd wires and ngk plugs ready to go. I have to travel to get it so funds will be tight!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Nice, congrats.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Awesome, I aswell finally got my dream car! It is my first vette but I wouldn't settle for anything else and I finally got my Z06! It is an 04, black, clean carfax, original owner, with 25,000 miles and a full bumper to bumper warranty still, and it has brand new tires! Let's just say I paid well under KBB fair trade in value. It is getting shipped as we speak. Pretty sure I got the best deal of the year so far but congrats to you on your car you will love it!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hammert85
Awesome, I aswell finally got my dream car! It is my first vette but I wouldn't settle for anything else and I finally got my Z06! It is an 04, black, clean carfax, original owner, with 25,000 miles and a full bumper to bumper warranty still, and it has brand new tires! Let's just say I paid well under KBB fair trade in value. It is getting shipped as we speak. Pretty sure I got the best deal of the year so far but congrats to you on your car you will love it!
What'd you get it for? I just picked up an 03Z for a pretty sweet deal
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeaneGrae
Well fellas i just bought my 1st Corvette! I have been an fbody guy since i was 16 but always loved and wanted a vetter. I had an 83 Firebird SE with a carb'ed 305 exhaust and a few goodies. My buddy bought a 89 L98 Vette, and smoked my @ss! From that point i always wanted one especially after he hit a curvy road doing 90 and the car felt like it was going straight!

Needless to say i am about to $hit myself with excitement! I won't get to pick her up til mid may. Any pointers or suggetions on the first to do list? Mods, maintenance, etc, etc,...any thing to help! Thanks!

It's a 2000, a4, blk/blk, coupe with the 3.15 rear end, all stock with 47k miles, clean title and carfax/dmv report. Paid 17k for her.
- Your gonna love it! Except for being a young guy with a Vette, everyone seems to assume your spoiled and mommy/daddy bought it for you

As for mods, same with the TA! Intake/Exhaust first - I just picked up and 03Z, so far for performance I bought the new B&B Bi-Modal Fusion Cat-back - I'm saving up to do the rest at once; Vararam, P&P TB, Kooks 1 3/4 Headers/3" x 2.5" catless X-pipe, and tune - Then I'm saving for an A&A Kit!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default ......

Thanks for the replies. I'm a little new to some of the vette terms, what is the A&A kit? As far as headers go are the OBX kits any good or are they the entry level header like pacesetters for fbodies? The x pipes, are they interchangable with all LT kit? Or do i have to heep it same company to hook up properly? I don't see many Vette guys running stalls, is there a reason for this? Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default .......

My next questions are ....where can i find a VIN decoder? And what years came with the HUD? What kind of dyno numbers can i expect? Is the Vararam or cold air set more beneficial in terms of overall accelleration, not really dyno numbers? Are the vararam set ups similar to the super sucker or fast toys ram air kits for fbodies?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Welcome to the club. Vettes are great cars.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome to the money pit of money pits!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Teching In

My next questions are ....where can i find a VIN decoder? And what years came with the HUD? What kind of dyno numbers can i expect? Is the Vararam or cold air set more beneficial in terms of overall accelleration, not really dyno numbers? Are the vararam set ups similar to the super sucker or fast toys ram air kits for fbodies?
when I got my 04 I did a halltech and the Zip tie mod. I was going to do a cam and Fast90 but traded it in and did that on my 06.

Remember vararam is set real low so no driving around in the rain with water in the street
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. I'm a little new to some of the vette terms, what is the A&A kit? As far as headers go are the OBX kits any good or are they the entry level header like pacesetters for fbodies? The x pipes, are they interchangable with all LT kit? Or do i have to heep it same company to hook up properly? I don't see many Vette guys running stalls, is there a reason for this? Thanks again!
A&A kit is a supercharger kit by AAcorvette dot com.
best place for headers is the corvette forum c5 parts for sale, you can pick up a set for $500 or so and the exhaust about the same or cheaper.

Lots of stalls on the other forum.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default How can i tell.....

How can i tell which rear end i have in my c5? Can i tell by the VIN?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was refering to an FI kit made by A&A corvette - OBX are debatable, but there's a lot of guys on CF that have bought them and think they're just as good as the big name brands, and theirs a group buy for OBX right now on CF. Some X-pipe may or may not fit with other brand LT's, it would probably be best to just get both from the same company.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Vararam's tend to shine everywere but the dyno - may not get you big dyno numbers, but many claim a very noticeable difference on the road.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettealot
when I got my 04 I did a halltech and the Zip tie mod. I was going to do a cam and Fast90 but traded it in and did that on my 06.

Remember vararam is set real low so no driving around in the rain with water in the street
I've heard of a guy with a VR that was driving in FL after a hurricane. I don't think the VR poses a hydro locking problem unless the driver has no common sense, you'd need to run into a 7-8" puddle to submerge the VR, and without doing so it would be unlikely that splashed water would hydrolock the motor.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Congrats on the car! An 01+ Z06 will be my next purchase when I get back from South Korea as well. I've done the LT1 and LS1 Fbody thing already and I've always wanted a vette too.

Quick Reply: Just bought my dream car!!!!!