Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

best c5 z06 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Longtubes X pipe Corsa extreme

I have a 2004 Z06 with tsp long tubes, offroad corsa x pipe, and the new corsa extreme catback. Its loud *** f#$^!!!!! Here are some vid

Car made 453/410 on a true dyno jet at G-force
This dyno read high it made 498/486
Dyno Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh31yc88Ym0

Idle vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtXgLgSuj34
Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Launching!

is that car cammed ^^
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

^ if not and the shop told him he made 453 with some headers then somebody has some explaining to do LOL
Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Ha ha yeah it has a cam cant you hear it? lol!!! Stock heads though. Car runs real strong.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Teching In

I guess this will be my first post here. I do read here quite a bit though.

I have Magnaflows on my '99 stock engine. At first I was running them with stock manifolds, cats, and H-pipe. It was a real big disapointment to me to spend that much money on a catback system and it still sounded not much different than stock. I mean we are talking about $1k+ for a friggen cat back. They look great, but the sound just isn't there.

Without getting into how rediculous the prices are on Vette stuff, I'll tell you what else I have done.

I dropped my whole mid pipe and completely removed the cats. I figured for sure that after I did this the magnaflows would wake up. Not a bit. I could hardly tell a difference. So then, I dropped the midpipe again, installed DMH low profile cutouts. They certainly wake up the average passer by, but the problem now is they sound awful. I mean I'm running a stock engine and manifolds. Imagine what that sounds like. I have had people tell me it sounds good, but I have also had the same amount of people pretty much tell me in a nice way that sounds awful. Personally the drone and interior noise volume is rediculous loud at anyplace other than cruising at half throttle in 6th gear.

I know that headers and an x pipe would probably make it sound pretty good, but I am not spending around $300 for an x pipe and another $1k+ on headers. I could see getting those things if I were actually looking for a performance gain. Yeah it would be nice, but I'm not that worried about it. The car is fast enough as it is, and it is also a daily driver. Really all I'm looking for is sound.

I have read the replies here and done some reading on this subject on some other boards. the GHL system seems to be close to the sound I'm after.

That being said, I would gladly trade my Magnaflows for a set of GHLs.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

I say why muffle such a beautiful thing? LT's, o/r x-pipe, and straight out the back It might be a little loud but sounds so sexy! I would stick with the TI's and do the bypass mod unless you want to spend $800-900 for a catback with 0 performance gain. Your money though.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LWCS561
hey, with the dynatech headers, they come with the catted connecting pipes to teh x pipe, is there anywhere where u can get a catless set of connecting pipes for the dynatech?

Thunder Racing has them.

Quick Reply: best c5 z06 exhaust