Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Fastest production year for base model vette????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks again for the info pete!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

01 and up, brother. ESPECIALLY, coming from an F body. The 1st thing I noticed about my C5 was how much differently it handled than my old F bodies. That Stability Control is no B.S! These cars handle and feel WAAAAY different when they get sideways. You are seated so far back, by the time you realize how sideways you are, you have already turned round on yourself! You learn it after a while, but I still NEVER turn mine off.
Plus you pick up a few ponies with the LS6 intake after 01.
I would had LOVED to had a Z as well. Likewise, could not afford it. I will be stepping up to wither a Z or a 08+ C6 eventually, but untill then, it aint like Im suffering. I love my car. ANY C5 is a step(big) above a 4th gen.
Good luck bro!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:57 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Originally Posted by MavrikTA
01 and up, brother. ESPECIALLY, coming from an F body. The 1st thing I noticed about my C5 was how much differently it handled than my old F bodies. That Stability Control is no B.S! These cars handle and feel WAAAAY different when they get sideways. You are seated so far back, by the time you realize how sideways you are, you have already turned round on yourself! You learn it after a while, but I still NEVER turn mine off.
Plus you pick up a few ponies with the LS6 intake after 01.
I would had LOVED to had a Z as well. Likewise, could not afford it. I will be stepping up to wither a Z or a 08+ C6 eventually, but untill then, it aint like Im suffering. I love my car. ANY C5 is a step(big) above a 4th gen.
Good luck bro!
I disagree. My '99 FRC has traction control only and I believe it is boat loads easier to judge when loss of grip is occurring. My F-Body does not have TC FWIW, but the Vette just seems so much more predictable for me. My C5 has the front bolts removed and the rears lowered to match with Bilstein HDs. F-Body has Koni DAs with DMS springs.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Launching!

Hey guys here is an update on the vette hunt.. i finally found one, but it is in new york!! it is just what i wanted so i am flying up there to pick it up monday the 13th! 2k model with 66k miles.. base model.. said to have no mods, runs excellent! wish me luck! I want to thank everyone who contributed information on this thread which helped me pick the right car for me!

by the way, what is everyone paying for full coverage insurance?
I think you are all gonna be blown away at what i am paying, but maybe you won't... i got full coverage through germania for 60$/month!!!! i am 25 years old! what a deal right?

thanks again to you all!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 224 Likes on 121 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Congrats!!

Enjoy the car and have a fun and safe trip home.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Launching!

thanks pete! i think i will make the insurance question a new thread in the next couple of days, i want to see what others are paying!

Quick Reply: Fastest production year for base model vette????