Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Clutch thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Awesome man. Glad to hear it. Since textralia is out of buisness, just found out,..taht'll be the next clutch we get for my cousins Z06 once it goes through it;s ram,...which may also be a good clutch but, we have no testing with it yet. We'll see if it takes a 300 shot.

Again, glad to help someway... post up when you get it installed
what happened? when did that happen?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pittman
Doug, arent you about ready for the track or is it still too hot there ? You need some 42 - 60 degree weather

Pitt

Hey Pitt,

We are about to experience some 90 degree very humid air. Can you say very high DA ?? I still plan on going for practice, but will go again in the fall.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug, arent you about ready for the track or is it still too hot there ? You need some 42 - 60 degree weather

Pitt
Pitt, Going with a McLeod street twin once more...a proven performer as you well know.

Doug,the high today was 79 degrees,40% humidity with a dew point of 54". It doesn't get any better than that in southern Michigan during August. Strap em up buddy,Milan Dragway is beckoning.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by david vericker
Pitt, Going with a McLeod street twin once more...a proven performer as you well know.

Doug,the high today was 79 degrees,40% humidity with a dew point of 54". It doesn't get any better than that in southern Michigan during August. Strap em up buddy,Milan Dragway is beckoning.
So what kind of DA would we have had tonight ?? I really have been busy MR V. I haven't even been to Rosenau to pick up a helmet. Got the cash, but I have been working a lot of OT. I worked both of my off days. Hard to turn down 700 extra bucks with potential to have been 1400 if I doubled both days. Especially in this economy. I can't afford to miss OT. Anyways I am buzzing and babbling. Had a great run at the bars. A few Coronas and a dozen games of cricket. Finished 7 wins 5 losses, not too bad. Closed out one of my games in 7 rounds WHOOT WHOOT !!!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

my mcleod has been through hell and back, and rebuilt after many many many hard miles for a measily 4XX dollars.

Very happy with the clutch.

on the other hand... the high RPM shifting had become very troublesome. I was strongly considering one of the tick master setups.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

New McLeod is in. Same clutch but different as night and day. Gone is the 50-60 lbs of peddal pressure and gone is the on-off switch from having a twin. If I hadn't put it in myself I would be wondering if they had put in a single disk. This damn one is smooth as silk....no chatter....no noise. If she will shift and sixty I am in business

Gonna break it in with a bunch of heat cycles !!

Pitt
Old 08-17-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spectre86
what happened? when did that happen?

Thats what I was told soo,..could be hear say gossip. I hope soo. We wanted to rebuild another clutch,....cousin called,...still no answer, no call back.

Dunno.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

New McLeod is in. Same clutch but different as night and day. Gone is the 50-60 lbs of peddal pressure and gone is the on-off switch from having a twin. If I hadn't put it in myself I would be wondering if they had put in a single disk. This damn one is smooth as silk....no chatter....no noise. If she will shift and sixty I am in business

Gonna break it in with a bunch of heat cycles !!

Pitt

Thats good info man,..lookn forward to your results.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

one of my friends fried an exoskel in about 5K miles.. car has never seen a dyno, he street tunes with a wideband.. so i cant give you any power numbers but..the car spins the RIM inside the tire (thats not a typo, 17s with hoosiers).. if that tells you anything. its a pavement ripping nitrous snorting beast. they did good on fixing him up with a new one though
Old 08-21-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Coreyc619
one of my friends fried an exoskel in about 5K miles.. car has never seen a dyno, he street tunes with a wideband.. so i cant give you any power numbers but..the car spins the RIM inside the tire (thats not a typo, 17s with hoosiers).. if that tells you anything. its a pavement ripping nitrous snorting beast. they did good on fixing him up with a new one though
If they are shimmed correctly, they should last quite awhile.

Quick Reply: Clutch thread