Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7
View Poll Results: 10's ?????
Yes
24.14%
No
75.86%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Allngn_c5 hitting Milan for TNT, Please post your guess, RESULTS will follow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
read my post bub....i put that the ET guesses that people were guessing with 2.0 60fts that THEY were guessing were unrealistic due to the crappy 60ft that THEY guessed...Im not dumb...on a good track i realize that nittos can lead to 1.6 60s
My bad non dumb guy, I misread our post.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Kevin is that the attention fairy?
the code to get that to pop up should be
:allngn_c5:
lmao. Thats fucked up.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug called my cell phone from Milan a couple hours ago. Apparently there was a heavy oil down,like 1320' worth. He was getting close to making a run at that time. The weather is really good for this time of year...guessing that the DA is somewhere around 1500'. Considering that this is a new set up and it's his first time at the strip with this combo,he will probably need a few times out with the car before his ET is anywhere near the cars true potential.

1.98 60'
11.43 ET
127 MPH
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Nothing like putting a little pressure on yourself.
You said it man. Won't pre post again. LOL

Originally Posted by pittman
I guess 2.1 60 ft, 11.2 ET and 126 MPH

We need video !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pitt you were close.

Originally Posted by QUIKSILVERZ
2.1 60ft
11.4 et
128 mph
You were very close too

A better poll would have been 12s or 11s
my guess 11.80s at 124 1.9 60ft
Yup !!

nittos are junk...you wont hook on the launch or on the shifts unless your track is supreme...do a big smokey burnout...20psi in the radials

Your guys' ET guess with 2.0+ 60fts are just unrealistic
Correct again

yup...we shall wait and see...slow shiftin...no traction...poor gear...high temps...bad DA....=bad times and mph
Still correct

Originally Posted by blu1
He will be a lot closer to high 11's than he will high 10's lol. First time out, not great DA, tires that don't hook that well, stock gearing.

I'm guessing an 11.78
Thanks for the charity.

Originally Posted by WKMCD
First time out with a lot of factors working against you. Mid 11's is a much more reasonable goal. It's going to take traction and a better 60 (driver) to get into the 10's.

Might not be what you want to hear but at least you're getting attention.
Kevin you said a mouthful.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

BTW I voted no on 10's just now because I know the answer. FAR FROM 10's. Can you say barely 11's ?? Has nothing to do with Vengeance Racing, its all on my shoulders. I guess I didn't learn my lesson the last time I went to Milan. The street and the Track are like night and day. I still can't 60 to save my life. I don't think I could do a sub 2 60ft'r for 1,000,000 bucks.

Ok here's the situation, TNT was 5-10 pm. A private rental was just finishing. I hear the PA say successful Rental boys, no issues, congrats. Then all the Open to public TNT'rs (myself included) start lining up. The very first set of cars line up and lane 2 decides to kill the party. He lays oil from the 60ft marker all the way to 1000 foot or so. Long delay. Then we have another incident, and another incident. A guy on a bike lost it, lets all pray that he is fine. Finally after 1 hr 40 mins or so I get my chance. Forgot to lower the pressure, oh well too late. I stage, hold rpms at about 3000 or so and launch. 2.20 60, 7.98 1/8 @ 94.97 mph, and 11.98 1/4 @ 124.62. I thought, not too bad for a first run. I lower the pressure to 21.5 #'s and do a clean off spin of the tires. (No burnouts, probably explains my shitty 60's) 2nd run not worth mentioning. Tried a different strategy, needless to say didn't work. Fast forward to the last run of the night. 2.18 60, 8.27 1/8 @ 93.16 mph and 12.28 1/4 at 126.72 mph. Car really seems to pickup on the big end. Last run she gained 33.56 mph !!

Got to say the track workers looked busy, but as usual Milan had its issues. On nearly every run, irregardless of lane picked there was something bad going on. Left lane had a very slick area at about where I was shifting into 2nd, and the right lane wasn't cleaned properly once or twice and I blew the tires up going into 3rd gear ?!?! At any rate I have a few things to do before my next visit. Bleed the clutch and replace with fresh fluid. The shifts were getting a little sticky, and some very black fluid had circulated to the top. She needs to be changed for sure. Learn to do a proper burnout without stalling the car (LOL) would be item number 2.

At any rate it is what is. I certainly wish I could've drove my car a little better at the track, but in the end she's setup for the street and that is where she shines. Trapping nearly 127 mph isn't too bad considering the circumstances. I bet KURTOMAC or BLU could've easily driven my car to its potential. Too bad one of ya'll weren't a little closer.

One question, why did my 60 foot times get worse when I dropped the tire pressure from 30 to 21.5 ??

Sorry but I gotta do it, I'd like to thank Vengeance Racing for doing a fine job swapping parts, and putting a great tune in her. She runs great, now I just need to get her to hook off the line and we're in business.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:27 AM
11 Second Club

Well 11.4 is still great man with your 1st time to the track with the new setup.

Get yourself some MT 305-35-18 do a good burnout and launch that thing at 5000rpm.
What RPM did you launch at?? slip the clutch or dumped??

any vid Doug??

Hussam.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Well 11.4 is still great man with your 1st time to the track with the new setup.

Get yourself some MT 305-35-18 do a good burnout and launch that thing at 5000rpm.
What RPM did you launch at?? slip the clutch or dumped??

any vid Doug??

Hussam.

Hey Hussam whats up (11.98 not 11.4, I'd have been happier with 11.4 !!!). Not the best night at the track, but as the air got better the TRAP did go up. Best of the night was 126.72 and she felt considerably stronger then any of the other runs. I started getting better trap speed towards the end of the night too. Not very much time between runs, almost hot lapping. The car seemed to pull harder under those circumstances. Clutch was slipped amd I had to really be careful how much throttle I was giving her until I was sure she had traction. That theory went out the window though when I found the slick spot in the track and blew the tires off going into 3rd. RPMS were 3000 to 5000. I probably should've just rolled out. Last comment, the track and the street are totally different. I drive pretty good on the street, but the track truly humbled me and it looks like I am going to have to go back to the drawing board.

Anyone have an answer for why my 60 times got worse when I dropped tire pressure from 30 to 21.5 ?

Anyways, next time I will just roll out rather then trying to launch. At least she picks up big MPH from the 1/8 to the 1/4 (27 to over 33 mph) Good street car. Maybe the coilovers will help me get her to squat and hook. *coming soon*
Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 AM
TECH Veteran

You need line lock BAD if you don't already have it. You risk toasting your clutch w/o it.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes sir, its on the list.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpe
You need line lock BAD if you don't already have it. You risk toasting your clutch w/o it.
What does a line lock have to do with the clutch?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So your best run of the night was a 11.98? Why didn't you heat up the tires? Those nittos need to be baked for them to have a chance of hooking up.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

You don't need a line lock, you don't need different tires. What you need is to implement the proper pre racing procedures prior to staging and racing.

Goosing the gas pedal a tad in hope for the tires to get cleaned off slightly won't cut it, especially when you have a Nitto tire that NEEDS to be heated to hook up (and they do hook up well).

Your MPH is a clear indication that your car will go 11.4's. It's just getting it there is the hard part.

People don't understand how hard it is to run a 10 sec pass. Lurking on the internet makes it look easy, but theoretical racing is not the same as actual racing.

You will get it, Doug. If you don't, I will get it for you..
Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fadi
You don't need a line lock, you don't need different tires. What you need is to implement the proper pre racing procedures prior to staging and racing.

Goosing the gas pedal a tad in hope for the tires to get cleaned off slightly won't cut it, especially when you have a Nitto tire that NEEDS to be heated to hook up (and they do hook up well).

Your MPH is a clear indication that your car will go 11.4's. It's just getting it there is the hard part.

People don't understand how hard it is to run a 10 sec pass. Lurking on the internet makes it look easy, but theoretical racing is not the same as actual racing.

You will get it, Doug. If you don't, I will get it for you..
Actually he's got the mph to go 10's on the proper tire. He won't get there with the nittos as they just won't hook up good enough, especially on a manual car. He should have a low 11 in it now with the right driver.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

I had to look back in my files but 127 mph is a 10 second car for sure. Here is a vid of the same. Doug, not much of a burnout required because I hot-lapped as a backup to a 10.6 run. I wheel hopped off the line and killed my sixty foot. Launch was down to the 4500 rpm area, long as possible clutch slip.

I think your tire pressure made no difference. You have so much torque, it was your foot that was the problem. 127mph is a nice motor.

10.79 @ 127 mph
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...0791272mph.flv

Pitt
Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

agreed...not sure why he insists on not doing a burnout...you dont need a line lock to do one...get the tires wet...dump the clutch...stand on the brakes...works for me
Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

You need to get those drag radials hot and they will hook just fine. I am just shocked you guys dont get crazy wheel hop with them. They have plenty of traction to keep my rx7 in line driving around on the street but off the line it hops like CRAZY. Thats why I went with the ET street Bias plys which are also **** if you dont get them hot. I would say cold traction vs cold traction on the street.. my little 245 nitto 555rs grab harder than my 27x10.5 ET streets, once warmed up the et streets hook harder but not by a huge amount. The Nittos can get really sticky if you get them very hot.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Doug, it's not as easy as these guys are making it out to be. If it was, guess what, you would have ran a 10 sec pass.

You are not at sea level, You are not at an optimal track, you do not have optimal gearing for drag racing, you do not have upgraded half shafts (or do you?) that can take the abuse of a 6K RPMS launch, you do not have the tire to cut a 1.6 60', and you don't have the experience some of these guys.

Everything is so easy on the internet (like running low 11's in a stock C6 Z06, or running 10;s in a ZR1) but in real life, it is DIFFERENT.

These are the facts, if they weren't, we would all have 10 sec time slips. This is not the case.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

agreed...not sure why he insists on not doing a burnout...you dont need a line lock to do one...get the tires wet...dump the clutch...stand on the brakes...works for me
The main reason is that I kept stalling the car. I must not be as good at getting my size 12 foot off the clutch and on to the breaks as I'd like.

Fadi and Pittman thanks for the constructive comments. Kurtomac and BLU I hear what you are saying. I suppose if I put someone that can cut a nice 60 with my car she'd get there, but probably not with me.

I wish I could've gotten a few more runs, the car was getting faster as the air temp dropped.

Going to ask the question again, why did my 60's get worse when I dropped the tire pressure from 30 to 21.5 ?? I thought the tires would hook better. Guess I really need a good burnout. I'll just have to try again.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
The main reason is that I kept stalling the car. I must not be as good at getting my size 12 foot off the clutch and on to the breaks as I'd like.

Fadi and Pittman thanks for the constructive comments. Kurtomac and BLU I hear what you are saying. I suppose if I put someone that can cut a nice 60 with my car she'd get there, but probably not with me.

I wish I could've gotten a few more runs, the car was getting faster as the air temp dropped.

Going to ask the question again, why did my 60's get worse when I dropped the tire pressure from 30 to 21.5 ?? I thought the tires would hook better. Guess I really need a good burnout. I'll just have to try again.
Pittman said it best, the 60's getting worse probably had nothing to do with tire pressure and more so on the driver unless the track just went to total crap.

As for doing a burnout, its easy. A line lock makes the burnout easier its not totally necessary.

Scratch the tires in the water box, roll forward, dump the clutch around 4k and stab the brakes if you don't have a line lock. Keep the revs up higher and do a 2nd gear burnout once you get the hang of it. Have a size 12 shoe has nothing to do with it lol. Just get back out there and get some practice.

My first time out I was running 7.50's in the 1/8th, the next time 7.30's and the next time 7.0's and 7.teens. These cars aren't easy to launch thats for sure, but you will never hook up on cold nittos at the track.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

size 11 shoe makes it easier to get off the clutch and on the brakes

Quick Reply: Allngn_c5 hitting Milan for TNT, Please post your guess, RESULTS will follow!