Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

GM is horrible!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude sounds like a dealer problem, Something isnt right there. I think the dealer screwed you hard find out about your states lemon laws contact GM contact the managers of the Dealer and contact a lawyer for legal advice. I wouldnt write off gm for this, It really sounds like the dealer tried to pull a fast one on you!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
I have talked to the sales manager service manager all in person and gm is also working with the dealership on an investigation....my car has been at the dealership for almost two weeks already with nothing done yet...I'm pissed about lack of returned phone calls and no communication...and once again I am posting this for SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO DO AND WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED WITH MY CAR DAMM! and I have been talking to all these people for over a month...
We can't help you other than to tell you to keep calling them. If you don't call and don't bother the heck out of them, they have no reason to do anything above and beyond to get your car out the door as quickly as possible. Tell them you want to know the status of the investigation or who to talk with at GM. Ask them when will the car be done, what is their next step, is the new interior on order. Ask to speak to the owner of the dealership and tell them you aren't satisfied with how this is progressing and you want to discuss returning the car for a full refund or you want them to find you another car that matches what you WERE LEAD TO BELIEVE you were buying ______ color with mod red interior. The more people you call and talk with the more they are going to yell at each other and want this entire mess to go away. Someone could be going to jail over this car if it was flooded and a dealer tried to cover it up....Just think of reasons why the interior would need replaced on a car with less than 20 miles on it.....nothing good comes to mind..
Old 09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate all the advice guys as always...I will give it until the end of this week....I will let u guys know what happens....stay tuned...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

does GM not offer their 60day guarantee on Corvettes? They said if you buy it new and don't like it, return it.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by integraxtc
does GM not offer their 60day guarantee on Corvettes? They said if you buy it new and don't like it, return it.
X2!
I'm sorry about your terrible service with this dealership! My family and I stick to GM vehicles (with exception of my DD) because they have only given us good service and the cars have lasted forever. Every GM car my parents have owned (going back to the early 80's) has lasted 200,000+ miles. Thats a quality car if you ask me.

I'm looking into buying a used C5 or C6 here in about 4 years once I'm done with college... hopefully I won't have this BS of an issue with a dealership.

Like the one guy said though, BITCH about it with the managers in front of customers.. that will only lead to you getting things your way... just take it somewhere else for service after.. lol
Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Teching In

First and foremost... this is a DEALER problem NOT and GM problem. you can run the VIN and see what your interior came from the factory as. I work at GM in Lansing, MI and there isnt any way a car would come out of there with the wrong interior, that just doesnt happen. As far as your warranty goes, which warranty did you purchase? not all warranties cover interior and cosmetic things like that. If the panels were replaced it would have been by the dealer, i think the last thing GM needs is bad publicity for a dealers mistake. If your still not getting anywhere with the dealer you can always contact GM's PR dept. and go through them, that would definitely motivate the dealership. But posting garbage like this is doing nothing to help you and nothing to help a company that affects 10% of our nations workforce. Do some more research and let the forum know what comes of it. thanks. -adam
Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

What does the Dealer invoice say? Any mark up for "2-tone" interior?

HUM...

Any pics???

Sorry, to read this but Good luck!

-Nathan
Old 09-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Launching!

i work at a very high end caddy and hummer store in miami. - were next door to a chevy store. ... -------------someone else prob bough a vette.. and they wanted that interior....it happens all the time because joe blow does not like the color combo... its the Dealer that did it-- not GM... - u say this is ur 3rd vette... that means u like the product.. dont go bad mouthing the ******* most ganster *** car maker - ( bang for the buck wise) on the planet... bacause u had a horrible dealer experience--

just be patient, - there working on it.. ur in a rental...-- ( that there paying for.) .. believe me .. there trying to get you out of it.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pastvertical
i work at a very high end caddy and hummer store in miami. - were next door to a chevy store. ... -------------someone else prob bough a vette.. and they wanted that interior....it happens all the time because joe blow does not like the color combo... its the Dealer that did it-- not GM... - u say this is ur 3rd vette... that means u like the product.. dont go bad mouthing the ******* most ganster *** car maker - ( bang for the buck wise) on the planet... bacause u had a horrible dealer experience--

just be patient, - there working on it.. ur in a rental...-- ( that there paying for.) .. believe me .. there trying to get you out of it.
Your most insightful post yet my friend. Keep up the good work, you'll earn yourself a smoothie.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 PM

Keep us updated, I've never been able to afford a new GM car, but I only buy GM. What others are saying is true, it's probably a dealer mistake and not a factory mistake. I don't feel happy with GM corporate at the moment either...letting Pontiac rot until it was so gangrenous it had to be lopped off, but hang in there.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Your most insightful post yet my friend. Keep up the good work, you'll earn yourself a smoothie.
I'm going to send both you guys a poop smoothie from TX!

Welcome...

Redcorvette: That's crazy dude...I have yet to see my Dealership "screw" me out of warranty...I'm waiting for the day though!

Please keep us posted on their direction.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

I have only bought one vehicle new in my life, 42 now. It was a Chevy Tahoe 2004 model. Piece of crap when I took it home, multiple trips back to crappy Westside Cheverolet here in Houston and they would not fix the issues, went up the ladder with GM and was basically told to go F yourself by the GM corporation. I will never buy a new GM product again. I did find a dealership here in town that fixed the problem and corrected the other issues and I still own this vehicvle with 100k miles on it but after my treatment by that dealership and corporate GM no I will nver buy new again and good luck with your issue sounds like the stealership screwed you and corporate don't care cause they done got your money.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Teching In

exactly, the panels and some of the other interior are not the factory parts...i really wonder why in the hell that interior is in it in the first place.. the stock factory black would look way better anyways...The dealership acts like they dont know whats up with the car, but they do....they just dont wanna have to pay for it...dont get me wrong i love chevrolet cars, i just hate general motors at this point. If i wanted to deal with those kinda problems i would have bought a used model and saved 15k. Thats why i bought a new one so i didnt have to worry about any exterior or interior issues, i could get straight to engine mods with nothing else to worry about, quite heartbreaking...

I understand your frustration, but discrediting GM as a whole is a little arrogant. There are thousands of GM dealers nationwide that are independently owned and operated. This does not sound like a case that should pass any blame on the quality of crafstmanship that goes into these cars on GM's part. This sounds like an issue with a poorly operated dealership. If they don't come through for you on this, try to get in contact with someone at GM, and go to a different dealership next time.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by pastvertical

THANK YOU! A technician I suspect. I am an Infiniti technician and always have some incompetent sales guy that is so endorphined up off a potential sale but don't quite have the interior/exterior color combo the customer is looking for. And wham you are playing musical trim pieces. Even swapping deck lids cause one had a spoiler and they didn't want a spoiler. You name it they will be having you do it all for the sale. GM should not get bad mouthed for it. Though they should for taking bailout money and becoming Government Moto....I digress. It is sad what dealerships do sometimes. This also complicates things when ordering new trim pieces for said Frankenstein. Press the dealership for a buy back. And press hard. When said buy back goes down. Take your money to more deserving dealership.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Now I definitely agree this is a dealership problem....we will see how it unfolds...the invoice is for a solid ebony interior by the way...and yes I do love the product I just can't believe I'm getting jerked around by a dealership I have been so loyal to..I
Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
I'm going to send both you guys a poop smoothie from TX!

ewwwww....... lol

Wait, with , or without nuts?

Originally Posted by Vette,WS6,350Z.....
THANK YOU! A technician I suspect. I am an Infiniti technician and always have some incompetent sales guy that is so endorphined up off a potential sale but don't quite have the interior/exterior color combo the customer is looking for. And wham you are playing musical trim pieces. Even swapping deck lids cause one had a spoiler and they didn't want a spoiler. You name it they will be having you do it all for the sale. GM should not get bad mouthed for it. Though they should for taking bailout money and becoming Government Moto....I digress. It is sad what dealerships do sometimes. This also complicates things when ordering new trim pieces for said Frankenstein. Press the dealership for a buy back. And press hard. When said buy back goes down. Take your money to more deserving dealership.

werd...

Now I definitely agree this is a dealership problem....we will see how it unfolds...the invoice is for a solid ebony interior by the way...and yes I do love the product I just can't believe I'm getting jerked around by a dealership I have been so loyal to..I
Can't believe it? Why?? Dude, in a world where your best friends can wrong you, your wife/girl/whoever cheats on you(person)... why would you put faith in anyone anymore? True, some places, some people are unique but, for the most part, your just another person to the dealership. Why, because it is ran by people. People suck, they are imperfect,they make mistakes based on poor judgement, and lack of knowledge, which is why you are having some issues here. People lie/steal/cheat everyday. You can't blame GM for that,... simply the people,...or even possibly the owner of your dealership are.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vette,WS6,350Z.....
Yeah,GM did accept bail out money and they also were a major contributor to the war effort (military production) that helped prevent the Japs from enslaving us all. Just how many GM or American product do you think would be on the world market today if your Jap buddies (Infiniti) had won the war. The answer is none....and you would be lucky to have fish heads and rice to eat as you slaved away for Imperial Japan. So let's all accept the fact that Japan and Germany really won the war from an economic stand point,because we as Americans (a large percentage) are to stupid to really give a damn...it's all about me and **** the rest of them.

Sorry for getting off subject!!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

stay on topic.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Your getting the dealership shuffle, tell the dealership you want to talk to the regional manager of GM Corp level. I would not be surprised that your dealership will be on the list of GM closing dealership that will be closing soon. There are many good dealerships out there that will be around long after the bad ones are weeded out. Be a pain is the a$$ call them everyday and be relentless.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with above, call gm and let them know what is up. I'd bet something happened at that dealership or as someone said, at another dealership. Is the rest of the interior ok? Good luck.

Quick Reply: GM is horrible!!!!