Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

emergency ls3 cam swap advice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always laugh my *** off when people have problems with cam specs and whatnot. DO YOU GUYS REALIZE HOW MANY CAMS ARE OUT THERE!!! Every damn speed shop has their own "custom" cams lol. I dunno about other shops but I took my car to G-Force in Houston and for $400.00 was able to pick MY OWN SPECS. Why buy an off the shelf cam? And why would anybody buy a cam without knowing the specs, because it was made by LG? LOL get real. Why not just buy a cam from Tick if your taking your car there? To be a baby at the end and put a stock cam back in is just stupid, looks to me like Tick could have specd you out a cam that would have made you plenty happy. When doing work inside your motor ALWAYS let the shop installing provide the parts, I learned that a long time ago. That way any iddues will have to be handled by the people performing the work.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And my friend...like I said....I JUST LEARNED MY LESSON!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Staging Lane

That's a good thing. If I was you I would allow Tick to spec you out a cam for your goals and, seems like they do quality work so as long as you use quality parts I don't see how you would be unsatisfied. At this point I would just be looking to re-coupe some of your money from this expensive *** cam swap, lol.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah like i said lou is refunding me for the cam that helps a bunch....But im on the right path....People like me have to learn from experience "The hard way"!!Heads go on after new years!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Damn, flycutting for the G6X3 cam? Screw that...
Old 01-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Teching In

threads like these always seem to disappear at the corvette forum. I last one that disappeared was about a guy who claimed that lg recommended him a g5x3 for his 2800 stall a4 vette. When he complained that his car was slower and that the cam/stall didnt match, he said lg told him they will be happy to sell him another smaller cam and charge for labor.
Thread is now deleted (gone) so I understand if people call bs.
Let us know how the new heads work out for you (when you get them).

Quick Reply: emergency ls3 cam swap advice!