Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvetteforum, I had to post it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And don't forget about the trolls on the forum , Just waiting to spell check a post so they can flog you for any mistakes......... WTF.......Get a life.....
Oh , almost forgot , If it has wheels and a motor , I like it !
Old 01-06-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Everybody on the CF is not a tool.

It just happens to be the best site for guys with Corvettes to get info, trade and sell parts.

Here on LS1Tech, you have more hardcore enthusists than CF. Sometimes the moderators are a bit tough, but everybody should be respectful and not use foul language on each other.

I look at it this way, if you don't have anything to contribute in a posiitive manner, don't post it.

Personally, I like all types of automobiles from the vintage, classics, tuner cars, etc ...

I just happen to like vettes because they don't rust and are a great platform for building a nice street car.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Banned

I've been spending more and more time on corvetteforum for several reasons.

Mainly, the LS1 f-body has become a dirt cheap car that is now in the buying range (cost) of low-class characters. Sorry to say it, but it's true. This is a great place for tech, but looking at the threads in the Racer's lounge, the southern section, and some of the crap people do to their car in the appearance section has me wondering what the hell happened to the ls1tech I used to know.

On Corvetteforum if you spend time in the C5 general, C5 tech, C5 zo6 section you'll see that 98% are level headed.

Besides, the corvette section of this site has almost nothing left to read.... lots more action elsewhere. Lots of tech issues that go unanswered here have answers over there...

Also, if you think that having money makes people snobbish, you should see the stuff that happens on ferrarichat.com -I spend a lot of time there (since I'm wanting an F355 soon) and in general there are lots of gearheads there (25% do their own mechanical work) some really cool people to talk to there with lots more to say about life than just how fast xyz car is compared to blah blah..

In summary, the corvetteforum is not all just waxers, there's lots to learn when it comes to keeping your 'Vette in top mechanical shape.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HAHA!!! Ferrarichat I haven't been to, but I was on a Lambo forum and those guys are so ******* stuck up. I couldn't even believe half the things they said. I was talking to them about the guys that build the really fast Diablo replicas and I got flamed like crazy. I wasn't even talking about doing a replica and they got on my case about it. (Having money doesn't mean you can read, I guess. LOL) Half of them thought I was talking about building one myself - even though I told them I was just curious if anyone with a real Lambo also had a fast replica. ******* snobs.

I do happen to know a couple Lambo owners that aren't snobby, but I'd put money you'd never see them on those sites. Elitists don't make sense to me. Especially when a stock $75K American car can destroy most of their $300K+ Italian cars.

It put a big smile on my face when the C6Z06 was blowing by Lambos and Ferraris straight off the showroom floor. Let them go cry in their million dollar douche mobiles.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
On Corvetteforum if you spend time in the C5 general, C5 tech, C5 zo6 section you'll see that 98% are level headed.

The C6 sections seem to contain the most tools. I'm pretty sure once the C7 comes out they'll move on to the C7 section though. I'm sure if I looked at the posts back to the early 2000s those people were in the C5 section. There's a certain set of people that think the latest model makes them god's chosen

If I need technical info for the vette I search cf.com, not here. There's actually quite a bit of information they have for C4s/C5s and a lot of them work on the cars themselves. Their road race / auto cross section is fairly active as well. There's people there that aren't only concerned with straight-line performance.

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
HAHA!!! Ferrarichat I haven't been to, but I was on a Lambo forum and those guys are so ******* stuck up. I couldn't even believe half the things they said. I was talking to them about the guys that build the really fast Diablo replicas and I got flamed like crazy. I wasn't even talking about doing a replica and they got on my case about it. (Having money doesn't mean you can read, I guess. LOL) Half of them thought I was talking about building one myself - even though I told them I was just curious if anyone with a real Lambo also had a fast replica. ******* snobs.

I do happen to know a couple Lambo owners that aren't snobby, but I'd put money you'd never see them on those sites. Elitists don't make sense to me. Especially when a stock $75K American car can destroy most of their $300K+ Italian cars.

It put a big smile on my face when the C6Z06 was blowing by Lambos and Ferraris straight off the showroom floor. Let them go cry in their million dollar douche mobiles.
Ferraris are made for the race track, not drag strip. I seriously doubt any Ferrari owner cares if a corvette / etc flies by them on the street. If they did care they would buy one. If you can afford a $200k+ car you can afford a $40k one.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
I've been spending more and more time on corvetteforum for several reasons.

Mainly, the LS1 f-body has become a dirt cheap car that is now in the buying range (cost) of low-class characters. Sorry to say it, but it's true. This is a great place for tech, but looking at the threads in the Racer's lounge, the southern section, and some of the crap people do to their car in the appearance section has me wondering what the hell happened to the ls1tech I used to know.
Isnt that great??? Thats what owning late pony cars is all about; horsepower and reasonable price. Sorry to say, but nothing wrong about getting a good deal on a used LS1 and modding the **** outta it. Not because were low class member that we dont have taste.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

And, I prefer to see a bunch of LS1 racing on the streets than some rusty crappy sounding civics. Not because you can get a 5.0l fox for 5K$ thats a piece of ****.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If there is a negative to the car hobby that would be the arrogant pieces of Sh_t that think their car are what ever they may have makes them better than someone else. I never judge someone for what they have are even their suppose status. To me, a person is a person. If I get along with an individual then chances are we may become good friends, and sometimes not. I know too many people that choose their friends based on what that individual has. And sadly a lot of people in this hobby is just that way. I just so happen to have more than one corvette and I could care less. It's just a fricken car. I have some very close friends that own mustangs and I'll don't view them any differently. I've owned a few of them myself, two of them were all original big block 69 mach 1's. And believe me those were worth more than most C6's. So those jackasses with the attitudes on the CF need to just grow up and learn to respect a mustang as it is one of the most successful cars ever produced, no matter how much the damn car weighs. Sorry but I guess I just had to rant, cus I just can't stand arrogant people.

-Dave
Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
c6r
On The Tree

I see post on the corvette forum about how to change oil & spark plugs and other simple ****" and I'am like damn" these guys own high performance sports car" shittedd
Old 01-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Teching In

There was a post about changing wiperblades yesterday.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by njoossens
There was a post about changing wiperblades yesterday.
And how many tech posts have YOU contributed HERE?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Teching In

You got me. Considering this was my first post here...none. I'm still pretty new to corvettes, been doing Fox Mustangs for about 15 years. I can do a write up on wiper blade replacement if it helps. I have passed along a few good deals I have found to members on the corvette forum, but for the most part I hang out in the classifieds. Sorry wasn't trying to be a jerk, but the wiperblade thing was kind of funny to me.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dacajun
If there is a negative to the car hobby that would be the arrogant pieces of Sh_t that think their car are what ever they may have makes them better than someone else. I never judge someone for what they have are even their suppose status. To me, a person is a person. If I get along with an individual then chances are we may become good friends, and sometimes not. I know too many people that choose their friends based on what that individual has. And sadly a lot of people in this hobby is just that way. I just so happen to have more than one corvette and I could care less. It's just a fricken car. I have some very close friends that own mustangs and I'll don't view them any differently. I've owned a few of them myself, two of them were all original big block 69 mach 1's. And believe me those were worth more than most C6's. So those jackasses with the attitudes on the CF need to just grow up and learn to respect a mustang as it is one of the most successful cars ever produced, no matter how much the damn car weighs. Sorry but I guess I just had to rant, cus I just can't stand arrogant people.

-Dave
Ditto!!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So why is it the C6 guys who have the elitist attitude? You'll find that with ANY car. It's the "I have the latest and greatest, all other's pale in comparison" syndrome. Just have to take those types with a grain of salt. Those are the people with money who buy the car as a status symbol instead of for the car.

Admittedly though, I've been finding myself more and more fed up with the corvette forum. I find that place to be absolutely incredible at times with their rules like you can't even mention another corvette based forum or your post will get locked, you can't say ANYTHING negative about a mod or admin or you'll get canned quick, ect. The way that place is run and managed is really going down hill.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
So why is it the C6 guys who have the elitist attitude? You'll find that with ANY car. It's the "I have the latest and greatest, all other's pale in comparison" syndrome. Just have to take those types with a grain of salt. Those are the people with money who buy the car as a status symbol instead of for the car.

Admittedly though, I've been finding myself more and more fed up with the corvette forum. I find that place to be absolutely incredible at times with their rules like you can't even mention another corvette based forum or your post will get locked, you can't say ANYTHING negative about a mod or admin or you'll get canned quick, ect. The way that place is run and managed is really going down hill.
and they changed the search engine to the one just like LS1tech and it sux!!!!!!
FYI same company owns both forums
Old 01-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dacajun

-Dave
very true, its sad so many people are like that these days.

i have friends that drive F-bodies, vettes, mustangs, built/boosted civics, evos, turbo 350Z's and street bikes. i dont care how many pistons are in your engine, if your car is clean and quick and MOST IMPORTANTLY if you are a good, honest person then there can be a friendship.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Teching In

I've never really understood the one car manufacturer vs another. To where you only like fords, chevy, or mopar. Also to some extent foreign vs domestic. There are many good cars out there and to limit yourself or to go through life with blinders on is a waste. For performance cars I own both a corvette and a mustang. Both are very different cars with pluses and minuses especially after modifications. When people say blanket statements like ALL _______ and better than ALL _______ it just shows closed mindedness. Almost like they think all cars are exactly how they roll off the showroom floor and no improvements can be made.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by njoossens
I've never really understood the one car manufacturer vs another. To where you only like fords, chevy, or mopar. Also to some extent foreign vs domestic. There are many good cars out there and to limit yourself or to go through life with blinders on is a waste. For performance cars I own both a corvette and a mustang. Both are very different cars with pluses and minuses especially after modifications. When people say blanket statements like ALL _______ and better than ALL _______ it just shows closed mindedness. Almost like they think all cars are exactly how they roll off the showroom floor and no improvements can be made.
ive never understood that either, of course ive never understood the import vs domestic thing either. ive owned both and plan on buying a LS1 6 spd F-body soon but if you think for one second i wouldnt drive an evo, sti, supra, ect.....your out your mind. that might be taking it a little too far for the people on this forum but a good car that makes power is a good car that makes power regardless of the amount of pistons or where and who it was made by.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

^ ***** F'n dot.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That guy was and still is a douche bag from the get go. If you want to sell a car then get into that mentality instead of thinking your car is the end of all. I dont blame those guys for bashing the hell out of him at all to tell you the truth.

Quick Reply: Corvetteforum, I had to post it..