Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Removing door guards - 1999 Vette

Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing door guards - 1999 Vette

Hey guys,

I have been looking at some pictures and i think i like the looks of the black cars without the door guards.... However, the body on my car has 105K miles on it...... If i remove the door guards, do you guys think that the paint will be a different color underneath??? .... any suggestions?? I'm just a little fearful that the rest of the door may have faded a little over the last 100K+ miles....

Thanks in advance....
Old 03-04-2010, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

no thoughts at all?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:35 AM
tin
Teching In

Default trim

There should not be a problem with the color ,just be careful no to pull the paint from under while you pry the molding off, once you taken 'em off clean all the glue and rewax .
Old 03-15-2010, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Bish. What's up? I didn't know you got a c5. Like tin said, it shouldn't be a problem. I took mine off with about 95K miles.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by obi-1
Bish. What's up? I didn't know you got a c5. Like tin said, it shouldn't be a problem. I took mine off with about 95K miles.
Sounds good man.... i appreciate it! atleast i know someone that did it with high miles as well wihtout a problem.....

i only bothered to look at it once really, and i dunno how i'm gonna get 'em off.... that's some sticky **** ... lol.... guess i just have to pull harder
Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
Sounds good man.... i appreciate it! atleast i know someone that did it with high miles as well wihtout a problem.....

i only bothered to look at it once really, and i dunno how i'm gonna get 'em off.... that's some sticky **** ... lol.... guess i just have to pull harder
My brother said you stopped by over the weekend with the new ride.

Wait a couple months and pull them off. I removed mine in the middle of summer. Leave the car sit in the sun for a couple hours and they come off pretty easy. I slid a rag under one end and they pulled right off. Some people use fishing line too.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by obi-1
My brother said you stopped by over the weekend with the new ride.

Wait a couple months and pull them off. I removed mine in the middle of summer. Leave the car sit in the sun for a couple hours and they come off pretty easy. I slid a rag under one end and they pulled right off. Some people use fishing line too.
i already got 'em off... no problems.... the passenger side shows a bit that it was there, but only if you have your nose 1" from the car and the light is at the right angle.. the driver's side is perfectly clean...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing door guards - 1999 Vette