Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Trade my ZO6 for CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scramblerman
And this coming from a GTO owner, right.........
So? If those are all the mods in his sig my ls2 would have more than his Trans Am as well. Did you forget that I wasn't the one putting down the CTS-V or should I classify you with the other idiots on this board?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Launching!

actually not really, and you should know that. Two totally different cars.

I did a quick search for what types of transmissions come with the Cts-v's and had come across as them only having manuals. So that is my bad for the 5 seconds of research I did on the car.

I am not saying there is nothing bad with the CTS-v, great car but nowhere in the ballpark of a what a Z06 is.
The same can be said about both cars. The CTS-V doesn't have the performance, the Vette doesn't have the luxury. It all depends on what the op wants most.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Not sure what the problem is here. I would be enjoying the hell out of the car and wouldn't feel the least bit guilty.

The CTS-v is a 6 speed manual , IMHO you would be trading down. You will kick yourself in the butt if you get rid of the car

Just train her how to drive a manual. That will save you alot of money and frustration. Besides with all the torque of the Z06 it will be a great car for her to learn on, will be really hard to kill the engine.
Wait...what?

LS7 - 505 hp / 475 ft-lb

LSA - 556 hp / 551 ft-lb
Old 04-05-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First gen V's= Only available with M6's
New V= M6 or A6

Good thing about the new V is the rear issue that the first gens had is fixed, pulleys and tune = mid 11s at almost 120mph. You may also be suprised with the handling capabilities of the new V....it wont be like the C6 Z but its still damn fun for the car it is.

The C6 Z is just badass raw performance. I wish I was in your position but I think you can use and enjoy the V more based on your original post. Its the all time daily driver, I think my first gen is a great daily but it doesnt compare to the new V. Test drive one and then decide, it may make your decision a lot easier( youll love it or hate it)
Old 04-05-2010, 07:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oshia86
The CTS-V has looks, comfort, speed, luxery. And you better bring all of your "tradition" if you even get into a highway roll with one.
I can't say I had any trouble slapping up the one I ran into but it was fun seeing he wouldn't get next to me again. Best part was when he tried a ricer flyby and I put an abrupt end to that move.

Now even though my comments sound like I am ******* the CTS V, I am not. Just not my car for my situation. Divorced twice, no kids. What could be better then a stroker vette with cutouts? Open when its just me, and close them if the ladies don't approve. Now thats classy.

If I were to settle down again and have kids (highly doubtful) I would strongly consider the CTS V. But if I was going to spend that much I'd take a hard look at some of the cars in the Mercedes line too. Can't lose either way.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Banned

Gettin heated in here!!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Ok I have read most of the comments on here. In the new gmhtp, it is true, pulleys, tune, headers=11.5@12x. Very nice indeed considering that big car can move like that. But a Z06 corvette? Come on man...that car is freakin sick. Maybe I'm just biased but if keeping my wife happy meant getting rid of the z06 then she'd be one grumpy wife. I wouldn't even care, to me, the choice is obvious. But the fastest car I've ever owned was only a m6 06 gto. So this is an opinion from a younger and more inexperienced performance car owner.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

to me a daily driver is something that gets good gas mileage and is comfortable to seat at least 4 people. the ctsv just makes no sense to me as a daily driver for how expensive of a vehicle it is.

if i were in your shoes id keep the z06 and buy a camary or something.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait...what?

LS7 - 505 hp / 475 ft-lb

LSA - 556 hp / 551 ft-lb
You need to seriously stop reading into everything so much. Nowhere in my statement did I say the Z06 is easier to learn than a CTS-V. I was simply saying that since his wife doesn't drive stick shift, that he could keep his
C6Z and have her learn to drive stick with that car.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

The same can be said about both cars. The CTS-V doesn't have the performance, the Vette doesn't have the luxury. It all depends on what the op wants most.
Actually it comes down to what he thinks will make his wife the most happy.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

So? If those are all the mods in his sig my ls2 would have more than his Trans Am as well. Did you forget that I wasn't the one putting down the CTS-V or should I classify you with the other idiots on this board?
What is it with you GTO owners, short tempers. LMAO!

btw you can classify me anyway you want, doesn't bother me one bit.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Lol @ short tempers, you guys don't get much action over here do ya?

OP, My uncle just so happens to own both of the cars in question. The CTS-V is his daily, he actually enjoys driving it more. Don't let anyone on the forum persuade you/your wife, drive both and compare.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Launching!

That's a tough choice. I'd take the newer CTS-V over the newer Z06. Then I'd pick up a cheap C5 already modded. I got my C5 when I was 21 and modded it up, when it was paid off I got into a CTS-V. I love them both and wouldn't sacrifice either.

Is keeping the Z06 and just snagging a new caddy an option?

New caddy's are only auto 6 w/ paddle shift from what I read....and they're only making autos now....if you wanted a 6 speed manual you'd have to get an 08, 09 or possibly 10. I might be incorrect about this.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
On the tree

Tex you are wrong, the new generation CTS-V with the LSA motor was only made 2009-10 so far can be had with a 6sp manual or the 6sp 6L90E auto.

Quick Reply: Trade my ZO6 for CTS-V