Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

98 Vette with tons of issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 Vette with tons of issues

Okay I'm trying to fix a few issues on my dads 98 Vette.

1. SERVICE COLUMN LOCK. I have HPTuners so turning off the locking function is easy... but how do I get it to stop saying that on the DIC??

2. Key Fob. The battery in the fob is good but it doesn't work click the buttons and you get no response. HPTuners has PWM, Serial, or none for the VATS system... I dunno what its supposed to be but i have tried all and none made a difference.

3. Seat. Electric adjustment controls don't work. 3 momentary switches make noise but appear to do nothing else. The big rectangular switch does nothing at all.

4. Climate control. The digital climate control display comes on but is extremely dim. Sometimes the fan controls work, sometimes they do not. Mode button changes the display but the airflow thru the vents dont change they all always flow some air. When just sitting with the key on I hear non-stop what sounds like the vents opening and closing.... or atleast trying to. Never get any hot air.

5. Turn signal. RH side blinks super fast. Guessing its a relay because the actual bulbs do flash.

I guess I'll start by checking all fuses.....
Old 05-24-2010, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

1. Go to the dealership, this is a recall issue.... if not they make a little thing you basically plug in.

2. Sounds like you need to relearn the keyfobs to the car. Do a search on the net for relearn procedure. i cant remember it off the top of my head.

3. No clue on this one... probably just burnt up.

4. Climate control in the C5's is VERY poorly soldered. you will need to open it up and resolder the connections. there is a write up on this OR you can get on ebay and there is a guy that does it for like 50 bux and sends it back to you. I had to do mine as well and its SUPER easy.

5. The turn signal is flashing quickly because you have a bulb out somewhere. Any time you have a burnt out bulb it will make it flash super fast. just find the burnt out bulb and replace it.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1. Take out battery for 2 hours and replug it.

2. Reprogram it

3. No clue.

4. Replace it or just do what justcausez06 said (it works same with Speedo to)

5. Bulb is out

Quick Reply: 98 Vette with tons of issues