Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

FS: B&B C5 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004 | 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default FS: B&B C5 exhaust

I have a B&B Route 66 exhaust for sale. Asking $400. Nothing wrong with exhaust just went a different route. 4 Oval tips. Both tips and mufflers are polished. This exhaust was $800 brand new. I have the original receipt around here somewhere. This is not an extreme exhaust but is good sounding mild setup. I have pics, I'll try and get them up later. Shoot me an email or PM or post if interested. Thanks.

Mike

PS several members of this board can vouch for me and can vouch for the sound and quality of this exhaust
Old 01-19-2004 | 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike,

Is there any horsepower gain with this system? Also, is it brand new or did you previously have it installed? And finally is it lighter than stock?

Thanks,
Dean
Old 01-20-2004 | 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dean,

There is a sale pending, but, to answer your questions...

Yes, there is a horsepower gain, but, as with all corvette exhaust systems, it fairly minimal. I think the Borla Stingers have seen the biggest gains because of their straight through design.

It was installed on my car. I have pictures of it on my car if you would like to see them.

No, it is not any lighter than stock. From what I can tell it pretty much weights the same. I believe the Borla stingers and the B&B bullet systems are a little lighter because their bullet style mufflers are much smaller. The Z06 system is much lighter, I just put one on. The titanium makes it super light. The whole thing probably weighs less than half of a standard style system. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mike
Old 02-11-2004 | 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Is this exhaust still available???
Old 02-16-2004 | 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, it is sold. My bad, I guess I should have updated this thread.