Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Help! Cars Idle get very low when coming to a fast Stop at lights!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Cars Idle get very low when coming to a fast Stop at lights!

My car's acting up a little and thought you guys might be of some help.
Car is a 2001 Corvette Z06 with 30,000 miles.

Sometimes when I slow down real fast a come to a complete stop, Not every time, My Car's Idle gets vey low (400-500rpm) and acts like it's gonna Stall. My normal is 850-900rpms. It will either correct it's self in 2-3 seconds or I can give it some gas and it comes out of it. I recent just had a New Cam, Spark Plugs, Wires, Fuel Filter, Battery and Dyno tune done. I had this problem before the Cam package and thought tuning would correct it and the new parts would correct the problem. I've now cleaned my MAF and checked for leaks in the Air bridge / Air Filter / Clamps several times. I've checked the PCV tube and connectors there too several times too.. My tube is not cracked, I've pressure checked it. Am I missing something? Any Ideas? Ever hear of this Problem? Argh. Thanks..
Old 01-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Launching!

I had the same problem until I got someone to tune it that actually knew what they were doing. some shops will just focus on the wot tune and not spend the necessary time on the drivability tune.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darbadocious
I had the same problem until I got someone to tune it that actually knew what they were doing. some shops will just focus on the wot tune and not spend the necessary time on the drivability tune.
I agree I am having the same issue on one of my cars. Took it to another shop and well it won't be going back there should have went with the right shop in the beginning.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

Definitely a tuning issue. That's why it's so important to get a driveability tune done along with dyno tuning. There are just way too many "tuners" out there who are pretty clueless when it comes to driveability.
I'm pretty active on a few forums, here, Z06Vette.com and Corvette Forum and the horror stories about so-called "tuners" are very common.
It just sucks that you pay somebody 300+ dollars for a tune and they screw it up! Keep checking around and you'll find someone in your area to get it right for you.

Jimbo

Quick Reply: Help! Cars Idle get very low when coming to a fast Stop at lights!