Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Track on wednesday. South FLA

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Track on wednesday. South FLA

Not sure what I am gonna cart up there, probably not the vette since it has no street driving on it yet but,..a few friends are gonna bring they're V's out, which should be some mid 11 second fun. If you guys are down,..come on out, even if it's to hand out for a minute.

http://www.racepbir.com/directions.html

THIS Wednesday night....hopefully around when the gates open. Might be around a stock looking GTO,..and some 2nd gen V's.

c'mon c'mon.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I wanna go but I can't go on Wednesdays damn it. Can you still run on Friday night?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I wanna go but I can't go on Wednesdays damn it. Can you still run on Friday night?

I understand J.

Friday nights they are open. Good friend of mine is going that night as well.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck bro!!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by VINCE
Good luck bro!!

Thanks pimpin.

Went to take the vette for a spin today...she puked up all of her power steering fluid from somewhere,.. gotta lift it up tomorrow to see where its emitting from but, I am fearing the worse. I don't wanna have to take this apart again....cause that'll suck.

We're taking a 70 Chevelle drag radial big block car for it's final NA passes.....should be fun,..big heavy 11 sec car... soon to have a 106 strapped to it.

We'll keep you posted, thanks bro.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Am I really gonna run my junk tonight?
Old 03-10-2011, 06:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting on some reports\vids
Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Am I really gonna run my junk tonight?

lol. Really.

Originally Posted by pittman
Waiting on some reports\vids
Yeah man, we all went. Last minute the chevelle wasn't coming, then it was. So, a few peeps bailed but, we still had a blast. The chevelle and turbo stand of our buddies was a dead heat all night long till he beat me by .3tenths on the last pass. It was 11.8 vs 11.9 and visa versa all night long,..he finally went an 11.50 @ 125(our buddies 95 GT mustang 306 with single turbo 76mm turbonetics on 10psi- +18" nittos). The chevelle was trapping 118=119... talk about a heavy chevy.

The second gen V our buddy brought was a car that made 600ft-lbs at the tire. It showed up with nearly slicked stock tires. Not good. He through me the keys and told me to take a few passes. LMAO....first pass,...13.0 for ME. lol, it was funny yet humbling. I had a 2.2 60-..I footbreaked it,..and hated the results. Next pass,..I used lesss throttle and went 12.6 with a 1.9 60 ft.... I then wanted to give the owner a chance to run his own car.. he went a few times, and I think was in the 13.0/12.9 area...as it was really hard to get that car moving. It seriously needs a tire,...which it will have next time it goes to the track,...which will be very soon.

My neighbor, who has a GAYLINE GTR nissan,..went 10.2 or soo I am told. So I am looking forward to toilet papering his home possibly later on tonight lol.

Other then that,..we had a great time with close friends. Oh,..yeah I got a ticket on the way there in my truck,..so that sucked but,..whatever..better then going to jail.

We have a video I believe of a pass, burnouts,..I dunno what else,..I was soo busy bouncing around car to car. Good times.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

woah...10.2 GTR ? What is done to it ?

Thx for the update
Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thx for the update
Uncle Ben's SUPER STEAM.

Talking to my cousin,...he said he never saw it go that quick...(there were 3 skylines)he may have missed that pass...but I had a few people tell me it's quick. I approached my neighbor with the GTR one day,..inviting him to the standing mile event,...that was the first time I ever talked to him(6-7 doors down)...he wasn't too cool, he was a lil arrogant. I pulled up in a cts-v...so he was a lil cocky. But,..either way,...i'll see if I can find out his mods. Really don't care for the cars,....
Old 03-27-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thx for the update
Ok...so I am in my truck,...@ the gas station, getting E85 in a tank for my vette,....when a white GTR pulls up... black wheels. Dude gets out,..we immediatly start joking about the E85,.. ended up talking about my neighbor, who he knows, buddies or whatever(dude sold other dude wheels)..I said his(my neighbors car) is running good right,..like tens or something(playing dumb)... he's like ohh yeah man,...low 10's,...like "10.2".... I was like sweet....I thought soo..... we're both talking,...etc etc.... he says my neighbor is making 620-630 wheel horsepower....and he's on a stock motor, low boost, bigger turbos. So,..pretty stout.

He said he(dude at station)...makes 715 wheel horsepower.... for whats its worth. Briefly mentioned I had a 780rwhp vette on pump and was now switching to E85 and a lil more power hopefully ..... no need to go into detail right? lol.

I forsee some fun times chasing these guys outta my neighborhood, since they seem to have GTR seminars at my neighbors house,...due to seeing several over there. Only thing near us is highway. Alot of it.

Anyways,..theres the vitals on the car-
Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Ok...so I am in my truck,...@ the gas station, getting E85 in a tank for my vette,....when a white GTR pulls up... black wheels. Dude gets out,..we immediatly start joking about the E85,.. ended up talking about my neighbor, who he knows, buddies or whatever(dude sold other dude wheels)..I said his(my neighbors car) is running good right,..like tens or something(playing dumb)... he's like ohh yeah man,...low 10's,...like "10.2".... I was like sweet....I thought soo..... we're both talking,...etc etc.... he says my neighbor is making 620-630 wheel horsepower....and he's on a stock motor, low boost, bigger turbos. So,..pretty stout.

He said he(dude at station)...makes 715 wheel horsepower.... for whats its worth. Briefly mentioned I had a 780rwhp vette on pump and was now switching to E85 and a lil more power hopefully ..... no need to go into detail right? lol.

I forsee some fun times chasing these guys outta my neighborhood, since they seem to have GTR seminars at my neighbors house,...due to seeing several over there. Only thing near us is highway. Alot of it.

Anyways,..theres the vitals on the car-
Great update...thx. Nothing like a little local competion to get you all fired up. You should be able to KHA....

KEEP US UPDATED PLEASE

I ran against one in Gainesville a few months ago. I went up to him in line, and ask how it ran and he lied, and said his best was a low 11. He was some Columbian dude will long hair in a pony tail (real nice guy, barely spoke english). I said how about we run as we are both low 11's....he said sure. I pulled him out of the hole thru first gear and a part of second, then he went by me and ran a high ten !! I got stomped...lol. Wish I had the vette with me that day.

Last edited by pittman; 03-27-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Great update...thx. Nothing like a little local competion to get you all fired up. You should be able to KHA....

KEEP US UPDATED PLEASE

I ran against one in Gainesville a few months ago. I went up to him in line, and ask how it ran and he lied, and said his best was a low 11. He was some Columbian dude will long hair in a pony tail (real nice guy, barely spoke english). I said how about we run as we are both low 11's....he said sure. I pulled him out of the hole thru first gear and a part of second, then he went by me and ran a high ten !! I got stomped...lol. Wish I had the vette with me that day.

But you gotta love that you did that in your non UBER-cool(nismo logic is trippy man) truck right? lol, thats awesome good for you regardless against such a car. I wish you had your vette that day too though. Another time....

..dude I met today seemed actually pretty cool. He wasn't a douche but, then again, I wasn't in a sports car but, he was cool. Unlike my neighbor,..whom I pulled up to his house one day when I was in a procharged C6, I had the jedi riden shotgun, he had the gtr outside , we were driving by, heading to the standing mile that weekend, so I did the neighborly thing and said hey dude, come check it out,.. you may like it..... " I did that once, I already know what the car is going to do..." was the response.... he didn't seem receptive, he didn't seem to like my presence in the street, in front of his house, ...as I drove by and cooly, invited him..

...but I coulda read him wrong. I look like i'm always pissed as well(i'm pissed 30% of the day),..so again, I may have read him wrong.

I didn't tell the dude my HP plans for my car,..just that it was in the 780's or soo...on pump. Should be fun. Gonna have to get new HD go pro for this one.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
But you gotta love that you did that in your non UBER-cool(nismo logic is trippy man) truck right? lol, thats awesome good for you regardless against such a car. I wish you had your vette that day too though. Another time....

..dude I met today seemed actually pretty cool. He wasn't a douche but, then again, I wasn't in a sports car but, he was cool. Unlike my neighbor,..whom I pulled up to his house one day when I was in a procharged C6, I had the jedi riden shotgun, he had the gtr outside , we were driving by, heading to the standing mile that weekend, so I did the neighborly thing and said hey dude, come check it out,.. you may like it..... " I did that once, I already know what the car is going to do..." was the response.... he didn't seem receptive, he didn't seem to like my presence in the street, in front of his house, ...as I drove by and cooly, invited him..

...but I coulda read him wrong. I look like i'm always pissed as well(i'm pissed 30% of the day),..so again, I may have read him wrong.

I didn't tell the dude my HP plans for my car,..just that it was in the 780's or soo...on pump. Should be fun. Gonna have to get new HD go pro for this one.
Yeah I was in the truck...super sleeper with a very mild cam. Som-bitch is a blast to drive on the street. Totally useless to stomp it under 45mph on the street. It got loose on me at 60 mph enterng the x-way last month on a good air day. Went sideways and swerved all over. I hadn't drove it in a month and forgot how hard it hits. Check it out....this was a slow hot air day...http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=Pitt1131.mp4

Yeah man, give the guy a break...he may come around and be a good friend for the track (and maybe not...lol).
Old 03-27-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your truck is nasty bro. Seen the vid before, nasty. I'll be more then cool to the neighbor, for neighborly purposes
Old 03-28-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks V
Old 03-28-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

No problem, my pleasure.