Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LS1 6sp + bolt-ons = 11's

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was gonna just stick with my 3.90's cuz its an RPM diff, but have decided to sell for a stock unit and im gonna do some hardened shafts + I have the ECS brace. I would only be able to hit around 125 with the tire I run in 4th, and that's not gonna be enough. Going with 3.42's and hoping for a 10 second slip at 130+mph.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Default forgot to mention....

the other reason I am going back to 3.42's is because the 3.90's will blow the tires right off. You can see in the video that with just bolt-ons I am spinning tires every gear, I can only imagine what it will be like with an extra 200rwhp. I'm sure that 2nd and 3rd gear will still be a nightmare on street tires. I gotta figure out what I'm gonna run on the street.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

Yea thats what I am concerned with I have 4.10's now, I am full bolt on and now trying to decide between H/C/I vs FI, did you consider staying NA or what made you decide FI.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Launching!

I will try to keep this short as possible but it probably won't happen. Ive been talking with ECS for over a month now. They know my setup and what it runs. Got quotes for many different H/C packages. I am talking everything from stock used 243 heads, to TFS heads. With everything all said and dont, nuts to bolts, pushrods, springs, chain, inj, etc, pricing wad from $4600, to $5000 for prc, to $7000 for TFS. Mike69@ECS said to me for another grand I could do a basic blower kit and make 500 all day. I have ALWAYS wanted a blower, I actually had one from A&A a few years back but lost my job and had to get rid of it.

Here is where things get interesting. With the H/C I will have reached maximum hp, with no possibility of going any higher. I would also need a fast intake/tb so add another $1,000 to the bill. With h/c, you will never see much of that money back. Not many people want used springs/pushrods/etc. With a blower, yeah you spend 6 grand on just the kit, but if you ever need to sell, you can still get back $3500-$4000. You can also always turn up the boost to make more power. With the novi you can reach about 850rwhp before maxing it out. This is what has persuaded me to go blower. ECS has been great along the way, doing everything they possibly can to get a blower on my car. If you have any more questions or wanna discuss why I am going ECS over A&A, gimme a pm. I will personally never do business with A&A ever again, EVER.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Teching In

nice numbers guy!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowtealz28
I will try to keep this short as possible but it probably won't happen. Ive been talking with ECS for over a month now. They know my setup and what it runs. Got quotes for many different H/C packages. I am talking everything from stock used 243 heads, to TFS heads. With everything all said and dont, nuts to bolts, pushrods, springs, chain, inj, etc, pricing wad from $4600, to $5000 for prc, to $7000 for TFS. Mike69@ECS said to me for another grand I could do a basic blower kit and make 500 all day. I have ALWAYS wanted a blower, I actually had one from A&A a few years back but lost my job and had to get rid of it.

Here is where things get interesting. With the H/C I will have reached maximum hp, with no possibility of going any higher. I would also need a fast intake/tb so add another $1,000 to the bill. With h/c, you will never see much of that money back. Not many people want used springs/pushrods/etc. With a blower, yeah you spend 6 grand on just the kit, but if you ever need to sell, you can still get back $3500-$4000. You can also always turn up the boost to make more power. With the novi you can reach about 850rwhp before maxing it out. This is what has persuaded me to go blower. ECS has been great along the way, doing everything they possibly can to get a blower on my car. If you have any more questions or wanna discuss why I am going ECS over A&A, gimme a pm. I will personally never do business with A&A ever again, EVER.
Great plan man! That Vette is going to be sick. I was trying to decide whether to go H/C/I or F/I as well, and decided to... just do both lol. So at the moment I have a full H/C/I setup waiting to go on the Vette and then in the future (probably not going to happen for a couple years) I plan on adding in a blower and some meth. ECS are some great guys! Their blower kit's are known to put down impressive numbers. You should throw in their ECS Blower Cam while your at it for a nice little increase! Best of luck man!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Im still amazed at how the heck you got that MPH with only 330rwhp

Quick Reply: LS1 6sp + bolt-ons = 11's