Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Getting an 01 Z06 tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Yup enjoy yourself and just have Fun i just turned 45 last week and still got girl running all around and its not the Car cause they take me out !!!! lol Lifes too short to b tied down !!
Yeah, I have always had girls running around, figured I'd try the marriage thing once though. At least there's no kids involved, and I get to keep the house out of it.

I just bought some Borla Stingers for the VEtte, headers coming when I get my Christmas bonus. Then I'm leaving it alone till I can find a cheap beater. Probably gonna buy an older Crown Vic or Grand Prix or something

Last edited by wooddaniel; 12-22-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Wear her in good health.

Originally Posted by jkz06
You got the best year and the best color. Nice car.
You apparently haven't seen these cars in Yellow! LOL
Old 12-24-2011, 06:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Congrats! Wear her in good health.

You apparently haven't seen these cars in Yellow! LOL
I wanted Electron Blue actually, but the price was right on this one
Old 12-24-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I wanted Electron Blue actually, but the price was right on this one
Time to update your avatar!
Old 12-25-2011, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Time to update your avatar!
Hahaha that was actually like 6 cars ago; first WS6 of 3 I ended up owning over the years. I guess I will finally break down and change it
Old 12-25-2011, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Nice car! With the miles it has I would think that all the typical "bugs" they have were already worked out of the car by now. Enjoy it. Save your $ for some track tires if you plan on racing.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rambodog
Nice car! With the miles it has I would think that all the typical "bugs" they have were already worked out of the car by now. Enjoy it. Save your $ for some track tires if you plan on racing.
I do plan on it, maybe on down the road when I get a beater. Just looked at a 1994 Roadmaster with an LT1 but damn that thing was really beat up. Im going to probably go with a GTP or regal GS if I cant find a 94-96 Fleetwood or roadmaster in good shape. Im sure someone's grandma has a nice one, also thinking maybe 1996-98 Mustang GT, or maybe even a 3.8 Fbody. We shall see what I find.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats on the Z man
Old 01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Congrats on the Z man
Thanks! Just found a set of used TSP headers and an Xpipe for 500$, so I bought em, as soon as I get em installed I'll be getting it tuned. And quick ? to those who have done it; pros and cons of lowering it?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:12 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You got the house and the Z FTW! That's what's up. I got mine w/ 8K worth of work on it, new clutch, pp, flywheel, new classic CCW's w/ tires, new rotors, pads, all new redline fluids, new wp, new harmonic balancer, new coils, plugs, wires, c6z shocks, endlink bushings, c6z sway bars, new rebuilt diff w/ c6z internals, new LED tails, new ACR HID lights, new LED interior lights, new borla stinger, new carbon fiber CAI and a new deck that ran 500 bucks alone w/ ipod and all that other crap along w/ polk audio speakers. I paid around the same as you that's why I said you possibly could've got it lower. Mine had 116K when bought. Only thing that was bad was a broken valve guide only discovered it when doing a valve spring swap. Got lucky as I had to drive it 5hrs back home but it's good to go now.

Still though, nice find and enjoy it!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Got my exhaust installed, DEAR GOD what a huge difference. It sounds so freaking good compared to stock. Getting a dyno tune hopefully friday.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

to those who have done it; pros and cons of lowering it?
Pros: It's low.

Cons: It's low.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JohnnyT13
Pros: It's low.

Cons: It's low.

Yeah after driving it for a month, I wont be lowering it. Its already really low
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

I think it really depends on your roads and your comfort level. I'm about an inch and a half lower if not more and I don't have any trouble. I've had low cars before so you just get used to the angles, avoiding potholes and what not. I love the stance now; stock height was way too high for me, and the wheel gap was brutal. Different strokes for different folks, but there's plenty of protection for the underside if you need to ease your mind to justify lowering it.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

I think it really depends on your roads and your comfort level. I'm about an inch and a half lower if not more and I don't have any trouble. I've had low cars before so you just get used to the angles, avoiding potholes and what not. I love the stance now; stock height was way too high for me, and the wheel gap was brutal. Different strokes for different folks, but there's plenty of protection for the underside if you need to ease your mind to justify lowering it.
Yeah, I think I am going to leave it for now, although yours looks great. I love the wheels too. I'm getting it dyno tuned friday hopefully; after that I am not going to mess with it too much till I get a daily driver. How stout are the rear ends in these things?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you, sir. As for the rear ends, well they're stronger than the '05 coupes as our input shafts are upgrades for them. It really depends on how far you're going with the car and how you're going to be driving it. Seems like most procharged vettes are doing fine on stock diff and they can hit 600+ whp. They're not tracking the car every weekend but if you're going to do basic mods I wouldn't be concerned.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Thank you, sir. As for the rear ends, well they're stronger than the '05 coupes as our input shafts are upgrades for them. It really depends on how far you're going with the car and how you're going to be driving it. Seems like most procharged vettes are doing fine on stock diff and they can hit 600+ whp. They're not tracking the car every weekend but if you're going to do basic mods I wouldn't be concerned.
Very cool. I'm thinking a cam at the most, and track occasionally. Just miss the sound of my Cammed WS6, but I dont want to break anything
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

That's all I have - bolt ons and a cam. You have high(er) miles but I still wouldn't be concerned. Unless its whining like crazy haha, then you got some issues. For that mod path though I see little reason to upgrade.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

That's all I have - bolt ons and a cam. You have high(er) miles but I still wouldn't be concerned. Unless its whining like crazy haha, then you got some issues. For that mod path though I see little reason to upgrade.
Yeah, no noise whatsoever coming from it. The car literally looks and drives like a 30K mile car. I just had all the fluids changed, the only thing I really need to do is front rotors and it should last to 200K no problem. Where can I get some cheap? GM parts direct?

What wheels are those, I love them
Old 01-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, no noise whatsoever coming from it. The car literally looks and drives like a 30K mile car. I just had all the fluids changed, the only thing I really need to do is front rotors and it should last to 200K no problem. Where can I get some cheap? GM parts direct?

What wheels are those, I love them
Yeah if you want to stick with stock go with that or parts taxi ( http://partstaxi.com/ ), chances are the price will be very simiar.

Wheels are CCW SP500s. Not cheap, but still the best thing I've done to the car (besides the cam). Here's the bigger pic:

Quick Reply: Getting an 01 Z06 tomorrow.