Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

..haters gonna hate.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that they could have made more than 450hp, but that 5.0 is strung out to its limits ,there really isn't much more you can do besides spray and forced induction. the 6.2 motors are just chuggin along at 426 LS3, and 450 LT1, friend has a stock 2010 SS and had it tuned up on a 93 octane tune and made 413rwhp over 374rwhp before tune.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the C7 will look alooot better in person very luxurious look and great performance.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Launching!

for the record.. that ferrari is hideous and the corvette does look better.
even tho i would rather see something more american, it looks good.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, I saw, touched, and gazed @ the 2014 Stingray in person @ Sebring International Raceway this past weekend.

All I can say is,..it looks BETTER in person.

Gives me great hope to imagine what the GS/Z06/ZR1 models will look like with ground effects/aero and wider fenders/wheels.

Things I don't like...

it appears to have a high front end....like it maybe should have a chin spoiler possibly, or maybe it was just the way it was sitting in the grass.

The other, I think the wheels need to be wider in rear(like ALL GM VEHICLES)...but, fortunately, that will happen on the higher end models.

I have pics... will get to them at some point to upload em.

Interior is sick...the back, to me, looks sick as well. Big crowd around it all the time.

WOO.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Hasn't been posted yet, but Callaway has presented a shooting brake conversion based off the C7:

Old 03-18-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

7 pages and no one talks about the inability to tune them? I was told that gm s tired of all the warrantee work from altered pcm's. So the lt1 will take a dealer key and then an active call to gm to get the second key to be able to tune the pcm. So , basically no aftermarket parts......no tuning.......these are staying stock except for probably ridiculous tuner cars like callaway. I bet changing a wheel or tire will be difficult.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1320
7 pages and no one talks about the inability to tune them? I was told that gm s tired of all the warrantee work from altered pcm's. So the lt1 will take a dealer key and then an active call to gm to get the second key to be able to tune the pcm. So , basically no aftermarket parts......no tuning.......these are staying stock except for probably ridiculous tuner cars like callaway. I bet changing a wheel or tire will be difficult.
I think you think in 4 wall dimensions.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

At first I was a bit questioning, but I'm absolutely in love with the new C7 now.

Even if people don't agree with me, it would definitely be a car to consider. It'll be interesting to see how the modding pans out with the supposed limits on the tuning
Old 03-20-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
At first I was a bit questioning, but I'm absolutely in love with the new C7 now.

Even if people don't agree with me, it would definitely be a car to consider. It'll be interesting to see how the modding pans out with the supposed limits on the tuning

Whats funny is how everyone thinks an ECM being locked,..will stop modding.

What about piggy backs? Motec/AEM/FAST/MegaSquirt/etc?

Outside the box my friends. Have no worries, these cars will be modded, one way or the other. Just like piggyback lambos, vipers, etc...
Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1320
Remember that time when nissan said that no one would be able to crack the GTR's ecu because it was "perfect" from the factory...
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Whats funny is how everyone thinks an ECM being locked,..will stop modding.

What about piggy backs? Motec/AEM/FAST/MegaSquirt/etc?

Outside the box my friends. Have no worries, these cars will be modded, one way or the other. Just like piggyback lambos, vipers, etc...
Haha, I was wondering the same myself. People always get around that type of stuff.

It won't stop the mods from being produced and people from purchasing them and trying them out
Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lilgcts-v
Remember that time when nissan said that no one would be able to crack the GTR's ecu because it was "perfect" from the factory...
Just about EVERY manufacture says the same thing about every factory ade ecu. Yet, I haven't seen one yet, that hasn't. BRAND new cars, that are out, have not yet but, thats only cause effort hasn't been applied by the right people, yet.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Haha, I was wondering the same myself. People always get around that type of stuff.

It won't stop the mods from being produced and people from purchasing them and trying them out
Just a matter of time my friend. Nobody will stop it from happening, one way or the other, it'll happen. The "mildly dedicated guys" might be screwed for a short time but, the mild bolt ons, and hard core motor swap, power adder dudes will be in the green I think for some time on the C7.

If anyone gets one local, we'll try and build a single turbo kit for it, if they'll let us. Worry about the tune later. lol.... or just build it, pull it off, then wait until a piggy back is available or until tuning is. Have you seen under the hood?

LOTS OF ROOM,....no power steering pump(ots electric)....and the radiator tilts forward instead of leaning back. Only thing I see in the way on the drivers side, is the ebcm, which is in the way in my car as well, or was. I have pics, it looks pretty wide open.

But yea, tuning won't be far behind bro. Give it a little.

Quick Reply: 2014 Stingray