Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C7 interior/exterior/vert/and under hood pic's.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default C7 interior/exterior/vert/and under hood pic's.

I took these pics @ Sebring for the 12 hour endurance race, and some @ Barrett Jackson in West Palm Beach Fla. I tried to get the important angles... I also wanted to get pic's of how much room was underneath the hoods of there things with the electronic power steering,..and forward facing radiator/fans.

Anywho...

Old 04-21-2013, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like some of the technology advancements, but the outside design just doesn't do it for me. I tried to warm up to it. Just cant
Old 04-29-2013, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love it so far. Just cant afford one yet lol
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think they are awesome. The 2012/13's are awesome.....but seeing the new C7 in person,,...is sweet. Can't wait for the big dawg versions.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow they look nice Thanks for sharing those pics man. I personally think the C7 looks awesome as well. Those rear tailights make the car look agressive IMO.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The silver vert looked almost tame compared to that wild red one at Barret Jackson. Sharp cars though...
Old 05-03-2013, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I think they are awesome. The 2012/13's are awesome.....but seeing the new C7 in person,,...is sweet. Can't wait for the big dawg versions.
Thanks !!!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Wow they look nice Thanks for sharing those pics man. I personally think the C7 looks awesome as well. Those rear tailights make the car look agressive IMO.
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
The silver vert looked almost tame compared to that wild red one at Barret Jackson. Sharp cars though...
Originally Posted by pittman
Thanks !!!
"WOO"-Ashley Schaffer BMW (kenny powers)
Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I love this thing and would consider swapping the C5 for one. The C6 never did it for me. The interior looks great. I really really like this car a lot.

It almost looks like they are spinning the alternator with the back side of the belt in the photo.

Thanks for the photos.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

I'm a noob and don't post much on this forum, but I do have an opinion based on a a lifetime of Corvette passion. That passion started when I was a kid at 10 years old looking through the window of the Chevy dealership at a new Corvette in 1962. I was afraid to go inside, but I loved that car........so the passion is a lifetime passion and not something that started a few years ago.

I think I have owned 6 Corvettes over the last 45 years of my driving lifetime. It started with a 69, an 81, a 91, at 98, a 2000 and an 01 Z06. So my opinions are formed from experience.....my life experience.

I think this new Corvette is a HUGE mistake for Chevrolet. There is little tie back to the Corvettes of the past. It looks like the Cadillac designers have had their way with it.

I cannot afford a new one, so I am not in their demographic group any more. But if I was, I would buy as nice a C5 as I could find and drive the snot out of it. There is still some product ID in the C5......and a Corvette needs some ties to the past.

My humble opinion of course and yours may be different.....

And thanks for the images!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vettenuts
I love this thing and would consider swapping the C5 for one. The C6 never did it for me. The interior looks great. I really really like this car a lot.

It almost looks like they are spinning the alternator with the back side of the belt in the photo.

Thanks for the photos.
My pleasure. Big fan of the WIDEBODY C6 cars myself...and the later(12-13) the better for interiors. Ofcourse, in my opinion that is. Correct on belt

Originally Posted by hutchman
I'm a noob and don't post much on this forum, but I do have an opinion based on a a lifetime of Corvette passion. That passion started when I was a kid at 10 years old looking through the window of the Chevy dealership at a new Corvette in 1962. I was afraid to go inside, but I loved that car........so the passion is a lifetime passion and not something that started a few years ago.

I think I have owned 6 Corvettes over the last 45 years of my driving lifetime. It started with a 69, an 81, a 91, at 98, a 2000 and an 01 Z06. So my opinions are formed from experience.....my life experience.

I think this new Corvette is a HUGE mistake for Chevrolet. There is little tie back to the Corvettes of the past. It looks like the Cadillac designers have had their way with it.

I cannot afford a new one, so I am not in their demographic group any more. But if I was, I would buy as nice a C5 as I could find and drive the snot out of it. There is still some product ID in the C5......and a Corvette needs some ties to the past.

My humble opinion of course and yours may be different.....

And thanks for the images!
Cool man, appreciate the insight. You have more Corvette lifetime achievements then I do when it comes to owning one. But, I do have a life long memory of Corvette cars, since I can remember. I am only in my low 30's but I have been around every Corvette generation except the 1st gens...worked on all others, driven all others. I think that the wave of the future is here....the era of design/function and getting out of the "norm".

Remember, Corvette is attacking ALL AGES, and ALL walks of life from all sorts of countries/buyers. The car is exotic looking(more so then past models)..and is a step in the right direction..again, in my opinion,...but I think we will see sales, higher then ANY other Corvette platform sold previous to the C7. I hear what your saying, and to me,..it sounds like you feel the car is a little to RACY or drastic,..and I can understand that from a lot of people, especially an older gentleman,..with lots of previous corvette love lol.

Have faith my man,..I think it will grow on you..I hope it does. Thanks for your insight.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder if driving around in 4 cylinder mode and sounding like a Honda will grow on a person. Forget about using a mild to wild switch. I'll pass. Not crazy about the c4 dash or the fugly back bumper that looks pieced together either. How did they do such a great job styling the c6z and then follow up with this?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

One word.......Function. It's not always beautiful but, it is what it is.

On another note,....the vert function,...in the works. I suggest lowering the volume...
Old 05-08-2013, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I've loved them from the start. Can't wait to see what the top of the line models look like. I'm a vert hater so that one does nothing for me.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Does anyone else actually prefer the base 5 spoke wheels? Because I do. Not a fan of the forks, and the 5 spokes pattern reminds of the late c4 wheels a little bit too, which is a nice throw-back.

I'm a C5 guy, and I found the C6 appearance wise to be a slight deviation from the C5 for the worse according to my personal taste - the C6 has more sharp lines and is less rounded. The Z06 and Grand-Sport do look awesome to me, but the BASE C6 looks as outdated as a C4 to me whereas the C5 looks timeless.

Don't get me started on the ZR1. Looks like they took a beautiful Z06 and ruined it with a JC Whitney shopping spree. Ugh. Those chrome zillion-spoke wheels. The hood window. The rear spoiler.

The C7 is a whole new beast and they hit it out of the park.

V-Series, from the pics it looks to me like setting up a centrifugal supercharger might be a bit difficult compared to the C5 and C6, but 2-d pics just can't give me a real sense. From looking in person, do you think there's enough space there for a good mounting location without having to heavily modify the engine bay?

Either way, going to be weird after 15 years seeing the blowers on the driver's side.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I've loved them from the start. Can't wait to see what the top of the line models look like. I'm a vert hater so that one does nothing for me.
amen.

Originally Posted by will82
Does anyone else actually prefer the base 5 spoke wheels? Because I do. Not a fan of the forks, and the 5 spokes pattern reminds of the late c4 wheels a little bit too, which is a nice throw-back.

I'm a C5 guy, and I found the C6 appearance wise to be a slight deviation from the C5 for the worse according to my personal taste - the C6 has more sharp lines and is less rounded. The Z06 and Grand-Sport do look awesome to me, but the BASE C6 looks as outdated as a C4 to me whereas the C5 looks timeless.

Don't get me started on the ZR1. Looks like they took a beautiful Z06 and ruined it with a JC Whitney shopping spree. Ugh. Those chrome zillion-spoke wheels. The hood window. The rear spoiler.

The C7 is a whole new beast and they hit it out of the park.

V-Series, from the pics it looks to me like setting up a centrifugal supercharger might be a bit difficult compared to the C5 and C6, but 2-d pics just can't give me a real sense. From looking in person, do you think there's enough space there for a good mounting location without having to heavily modify the engine bay?

Either way, going to be weird after 15 years seeing the blowers on the driver's side.

I hear you on personal preference. And personally, I do not like Chrome anything(ZR1 wheels etc etc-but the black or grey look sick-to me)...and I do not like the clear hood thing on the ZR1 either.... but, everything else on a ZR1 for example, is to help the cars in the IMSA/FIA road racing aspect of the segment. That tiny spoiler on the back of a C6 ZR1 is very important to the race car.....race cars cannot have what a "production" car doesn't,..so, they had to add a spoiler to help the road racing cars out.

Which brings be right back to function. Everything on the C7, is functional from what I have seen and learned. I am not a HUGE fan of any wheel that I have seen yet but,..they are not ugly to me at all, which to me, is a good thing lol. I am waiting patiently for tge BIGDAWG models myself...as I think with wide body variants, it should spice everything up, a lot.

For the room in the engine bay, try and look at it without the air box, or hood inlet device in place. Remove that,..and I think you will have more room inthe C7 for turbo/centrifugal mods then any C5 or C6, ever.

I think it is going to be a dream come true for tuners, and adding power adders like that. Unfortunatly for the blower guys, people that have perfected kits for C5/C6 platforms, will find that they need everything taken from passenger side(usual placement for centri's on C5/C6) and swap everything over to the drivers side...as the alternator/brackets.and everythijng else are all favoring the passenger sides it seems.

No more power steering tanks...or pumps to drive,...or pullies to spin...thats all electric now, so thats why the driver side, opens up lots of room.

Only thing I do not know, is intercooler placement....as the factory radiator is now facing forward, instead of leaning back, it will change intercooler placement, and inlet/outlet config. No more top outlets for intercoolers, I don't think. probably left inet/right inlet and whatever the opposite side will be the outlet.

But,..when the ZR1 goes twin turbo..which it will......parts may be able to be used off that, to mock up/or borrow.

I am greatly looking forward to the C7,..and hopefully modding one asap.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
One word.......Function. It's not always beautiful but, it is what it is.

On another note,....the vert function,...in the works. I suggest lowering the volume...
2014 C7 Stingray Corvette convertible top function - YouTube
That is awesome!! Would hate when it stops working and you arent under warranty anymore
Old 05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yup, just like any part on any car. But, I think modern car manufactures are learning how to make these things pretty reliable.

I prefer non sunroof cars.....non vert...hard tops. Less moving parts,..which is less things to go wrong.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:42 AM
Teching In

I think its like any new car we gatta get used to seeing it

Quick Reply: C7 interior/exterior/vert/and under hood pic's.