Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5 turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car in the pic above is mine, like my buddy said we were having issues with heat and still are but every time we change something it gets a little better. I have to get a shroud to direct air through the radiator, that should help a lot. Also I need a good engine oil cooler. On the highway cruising and doing some pulls is when the car starts to get hot. usually my oil temps start going way up and then the coolant starts to follow. I know part of the reason is that I have a th400 with a 5600 stall but Im confident that I will get it all under control and still be able to use a.c. In the summer. Like everyone has said the kit is not for the faint of heart, and most supposed good shops can't do or won't put the time in to do this kit right. Will all that said though the car is an absolute animal. I ran my other 550 whp supercharged m6 vette to see how this car does on a 60 roll and it completely destroyed it. It doesn't even look like a race, it just looks like my z06 is doing a fly by and thats only on 12 psi and leaving it in 3rd gear.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Old 02-20-2014, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
The car in the pic above is mine, like my buddy said we were having issues with heat and still are but every time we change something it gets a little better. I have to get a shroud to direct air through the radiator, that should help a lot. Also I need a good engine oil cooler. On the highway cruising and doing some pulls is when the car starts to get hot. usually my oil temps start going way up and then the coolant starts to follow. I know part of the reason is that I have a th400 with a 5600 stall but Im confident that I will get it all under control and still be able to use a.c. In the summer. Like everyone has said the kit is not for the faint of heart, and most supposed good shops can't do or won't put the time in to do this kit right. Will all that said though the car is an absolute animal. I ran my other 550 whp supercharged m6 vette to see how this car does on a 60 roll and it completely destroyed it. It doesn't even look like a race, it just looks like my z06 is doing a fly by and thats only on 12 psi and leaving it in 3rd gear.
Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS

hood help?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

some, but I still need to do more testing when It gets hot here, which being in ny in the coldest winter I can remember in a long time doesn't help. add in the fact that all of the roads are destroyed with potholes and I probably won't be working on it until late may.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ship it to Florida. I'll test for you.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Teching In

turbos are to expensive for me

Quick Reply: C5 turbo kits