Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Keith's '99 Corvette Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

And the much awaited video with the engine running. It fired up within 2 revolutions and settled into a wicked loud lope with open headers. Once I get the new pipes you ordered it will be time to tune the new cam.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Video

Clyde,
It sounds wicked!!! Makes me want to get mine going quick ( back on it after we get this shutdown completed ). I'm anxious to hear what your thoughts are on the heads.

Keith, sounds as if you are gonna have one sweet ride, I envey you greatly!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow it sounds very mean. I'm mad you only gave me 7 sec of glory on the video.lol. I can't wait to see the finish product after the pipes are install. I also would like a nice drive off video when done. Entertain me!!! It's looking good.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:35 PM
9 Second Club

My daughter was sitting at the counter when I uploaded the short video. I said this will get his blood boiling. I can only imagine the anticipation for you out there on a ship just itching to get behind the wheel of your newly built hot rod. I'm thinking it's going to meet your expectations nicely.

I'll do better on the video next time.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:34 AM
9 Second Club

I got the new Kooks x-pipe last night, but I since I got home after 9:30 I didn't get it installed. It's all laid out next to the car, so I'll have it in tonight. Just about ready to put the finishing touches on this build.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 PM
9 Second Club

Drove Keith's FRC to work today for data logging and tunning. Getting the fuel trims very close now and the driveability is very good. Got a couple compliments sitting at red lights. This car is loud. I'll have to try again on a video that isn't too long or too short.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:09 AM
Teching In

Its sounds like the car is running fantastic already. BTW how does the clutch feel? and the shifting? I know you could get tons of compliments now. I got lots of compliments when it was nearly stock. I hope those tires are holding the power well.lol. They're my back up set.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:33 AM
9 Second Club

The clutch engages nicely - better than I expected for a 5-puck style clutch. The light flywheel does require a little more throttle to get off the line. Shifting is smooth. I doubt you will have any clutch slip with that Monster clutch. I haven't tried to launch it from a dead stop. The tires don't hold in first gear off a roll and they can even get squirrley in second.

My only comment would be that it is loud - but maybe I'm just too old? Going down the interstate there is a resonance until you get above 75 mph and it settles down better at 80 mph. But it really sounds mean at wide open throttle. I'll get it washed up and ready for pickup whenever you can get it scheduled. I need another photo shoot of the 2 Torch Red FRCs in my driveway.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Nice nice nice. I know that clutch is good for 700 hp. So I know I wouldn't have change it out later on if I decide to supercharge it. I know those tires won't hold period. My street radials are in storage. I hope I don't get speeding tickets because of the sound. haha.

Quick Reply: Keith's '99 Corvette Build Thread