Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Huge Gains From New Circle D Converter

Old 03-29-2014, 01:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Huge Gains From New Circle D Converter

Hey guys, just wanted to share my recent experience with my new Circle D converter. First of all the car, it is a 2002 C5 with a LS3 on 8psi of boost from a V2 Vortech. Stock heads, forged pistons and rods, stock crank, small cam, still 6.2L displacement. Drivetrain: built 4L65E,dumdumand 3.42 gears. We had the car on the dyno for bit doing some tuning since I had gone from a Yank SS 3600 to the CD tc. The car was pretty hot and due to my small intercooler, it was pulling some timing (138*iat). We did a baseling pull with the converter unlocked,dum. We then locked up the converter. 3rd gear pull,dum.dumdumYes to the wheels! I was floored. I was expecting maybe a 20-30hp gain and never did I imagine the gain in torque. All these numbers are sae corrected and we did a few pulls so we know they are indeed accurate. We also saw a gain of over 11mph in the 3rd gear pull vs having the converter unlocked. I originally bought the Circle D converter because my Yank was 5 yrs old and not really intended for boost. So I figured a multi clutch converter would be best. I must say its one of the best purchases I have made for the car... ever. Chris from Circle D was very helpful and I see why he asks so many questions in his questionnaire, because he wants to get you the perfect converter for your combo! Hats off to Chris and Circle D. I dont think I'll ever go with another converter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Huge Gains From New Circle D Converter